“We enjopyed it”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Bowl
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Read mixed reviews but we went on a Monday evening and although not what you'd call busy there were a few tables occupied.
We waited a long time for our food as we only ordered main courses and that was probably because 2 of our party ordered duck meals.
I had Phad thai prawns and they did this for me as requested without onions or peppers, a tad bland but some soy sauce helped it and a couple more prawns would have been good. It was very reasonably priced though.
Other dishes we ordered were duck, kingklip and sweet & sour chicken. One person had the jungle curry and was very happy with it. All were good. I did think the extras like rice and noodles were quite expensive on top of the main course price.
Drinks menu is limited but there should be enough for everyone to find something they like.
Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

For an Asian Restaurant; one would assume they would know how to prepare Phad Thai. It was basically a Noodle Stir Fry.

And to charge R38.00 for Veg String Rolls is a bit excessive.

Restaurant smells like old oil.

Lacks Ambiance.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Found this place here on TripAdvisor and found the reviews to be mixed. We went anyway and had a lovely time. We had the duck spring rolls, Mongolian seafood stir fry and the Thai sesame chicken. It was absolutely amazing. The food was good, service was great! And food was affordable. Our server Andrew was great. Will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I've always walked past Chef Pon's Kitchen thinking that it's just another regular restaurant that wants to be 'authentically' asian, being aware that this restaurant exist but never really intrigued me, I guess it's just the location of the restaurant. Somehow we decided to try it out & boy oh boy was it amazing!

Many restaurants that 'specialize' in asian cuisine usually disappoints me & never prepare the food with the right ingredients or is influenced by Western culture in terms of the setup of the restaurant - it's NOT an asian restaurant if the first thing you see is a knife & a fork on the table, but Chef Pon's was surprisingly not like that unlike the rest of the 'asian' restaurants around Cape Town. In-fact that was the first thing that caught my attention the moment I set foot into the restaurant.

The preparation time of the food is nice & quick, the food is AMAZING! I really enjoyed Chef Pon's & will most likely have dinner there again - no doubt about it!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We had a birthday dinner. The service was friendly. I ordered a delicious interesting mocktail. To start we had a mixed platter with the usual springrolls,tempura prawns and satay. I must say though when it was the asian kitchen the food was a lot more refined and tasty. I had the duck with pancakes. It was nice. Everybody enjoyed their meal and the atmosphere was vibey. The litchi dessert and springrolls were delicious.