“Fantastic breakfast”

Manna Epicure
Ranked #32 of 1 193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The passionately-crafted menu reflects a synthesis of French and South African cuisines for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Open 7 days a week.
Reviewed 26 February 2021

If you are in the mood for excellent food and great service, this is the place. I had the benedict. I want to say it was the best ive had. Service is great, location awesome but the food and service made the experience memorable.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Shantellebooysen

Reviewed 8 January 2021 via mobile

Lovely venue with attentive staff and menu with good breakfast , lunch and dinner options for all parties

At breakfast we choose the Full Breakfast 🍳 with toast and good ground coffee plus one of the party had the Scrambled Eggs with Parma Ham & Cheese plus all dishes were served piping hot & seasoned

Prices were reasonable and COVID guidelines with hygiene , masks and gel were in place making the venue a great setting and comfortable place to dine

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank paulsF1068UB
Reviewed 19 September 2020

I used to love this place. At least twice a month we would drive from Claremont to Kloof street for that amazing view from Manna. As the years have moved along things seem to have changed. My standard breakfast of poached eggs with pesto and sourdough bread seemed to be getting smaller if that even makes sense. Perhaps they just simply started using larger plates ......After months of not being able to eat out my husband and I decided to have our first level 2 lockdown breakfast. I usually order the same breakfast religiously, the Parma style breakfast which comes with ham. I follow a vegetarian diet and asked them to replace the ham usually with mushrooms. For years they have done this but on this occasion I simply asked for the breakfast minus ham not asking for the ham to be replaced by mushrooms. Much to my surprise the bill came at full price.I asked the manager if they would be charging for something that I have not consumed and she irritatingly replied that this is the price. Perhaps I have been spoiled over the years by having my ham replaced with either avo or mushrooms and just expected the same great service. Perhaps the manager was just in a bad mood. This could of been handled so much better and fortunately for us Cape Town has so much great cafes with great views. We will be moving on .

Date of visit: September 2020
3  Thank SimpsonsCapeTown
Reviewed 4 June 2020

I had the pleasure of living directly across the street from this restaurant for the month of August (2019). I have tested it out at all times of day and never had a bad meal! My absolute favorite dish was chicken and waffle which was made in a way I had never tried before (with cole slaw) and I absolutely loved it! For dinner I often enjoyed the fish and chips and great wine selection. On top of that, you would be hard pressed to find a kinder owner and staff!

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank staceyd284
Reviewed 19 March 2020

This was our first night in Cape Town and we didn't know what to expect but were very pleasantly surprised by Manna Epicure, recommend by our hotel. The mussels were delicious and the portions just right . Extremely good value for money.

Date of visit: March 2020