“Great value, wonderful chateaubriand!”
Review of Manna Epicure

Manna Epicure
Ranked #88 of 1 226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The passionately-crafted menu reflects a synthesis of French and South African cuisines, with an exciting Argentinian twist. Open 7 days a week, for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful service combined with excellent food made this a really pleasant Sunday night out. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly in a clean and yet cosy setting. Starters of Panko crusted calamari and langoustine Caesar salad were both excellent and the medium rare chateaubriand was both perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. The wine recommendation was great value and very acceptable, if only I knew SA wines better I'm sure I could have found something exceptional that suited my taste perfectly. Having asked for help I got a wine that was a really good value and soft crowd pleasing Syrah, a great choice that would please most palates. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this restaurant, go and enjoy!

1  Thank Daithefly
AgnesCT, Owner at Manna Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Dear Daithefly,

Thank you for your very nice review, that chateaubriand is by far my favourite piece of meat! I am always so happy to read awesome feedback about it.

Again, thank you and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

This was our first visit (have tried booking before,very popular!) and what a pleasant surprise! A really nice and cosy atmosphere and not noisy at all. Good wine, excellent food (and dessert) and service. Would definitely be back!!

Dear Marieta K,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

This was our second visit to this restaurant and it was excellent all round, as it was when we visited a couple years ago. Although the restaurant is small, and facing a busy street, there is a welcome and a 'buzz' about the place. Staff are welcoming and attentive but it is the food that exceeds expectations. In short you would have to go a long way for food of this quality at very reasonable prices. This time it was lunchtime when my wife and I visited and we both went for the Caesar Salad. Not your average Caesar Salad at Manna Epicure it is not. This was the tastiest Caesar Salad I have ever had and one portion would have been enough for the two of us. The salad was enormous and would satisfy the hungriest of customers.

The wine list has some lovely wine choices and we went for a glass (they do quite a few wines by the glass) of Seven Springs Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (great to see a Sauvignon Blanc that is not overtly acidic and also with a little bottle age). The wine went like a dream with our meal.

Well done the owners of this restaurant. You succeed by offering superb food and give the customer a value for money dining experience. We cannot wait to be back again when we are back in Cape Town.

1  Thank TimmyP1953

Dear TimmyP1953,

What a fantastic feedback, thank you SO much! Johannes and I are both very grateful.
I am very glad to read you enjoyed an older vintage of sauvignon blanc, as a Frenchie, I take great pride in my wine list...

We look forward to welcoming you again when you're in Cape town again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

The food here was amazing!! We each ordered mains, and split about every side dish on the menu. Absolutely everything was delicious.

We gave the servers a hard time in a joking matter, and they handled it like champs.

This is a place you can dress up nicely for and not feel out of place. That being said, there were casually dressed people as well.

I am definetely going back to this place in the future, and highly recommend them to you!

Dear Chase N,

Thank you! I am most grateful for this awesome feedback.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2016

We were very impressed with the quality of the food here but sadly the service slipped a bit after our main was delivered.
But the management sensed the issue and sorted it out to mutual satisfaction. I'd certainly go again and recommend it.

Dear CustomerConsultant,

Thank you for your feedback, I am very happy to read the food impressed you, I apologize for the inconsistent service from your waiter, I am glad we have sharp managers that were able to rectify the slip up.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.