US$138
  • Restaurant
US$224
US$215
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$134
Hilton
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$83
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$165
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$121
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$84
  • Bar/Lounge
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$83
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$66
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$873
US$846
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbo kaaplong streetchain hotelsbree streetred buslarge bathroomthree nightscomfortable roomenjoyed our staylocation is greatluxuryconveniencewaterfrontuber
Reviewed 23 December 2017

From the time you walk into the front door you feel Welcome! There is no other way to start your day as with the freshly prepared breakfast.Compliments to all the staff for their helpfulness and not to talk about the friendliness. Everything was explained to the point. The Rooms are all equipped with a safe, all procedures duly explained, a absolutely plus point when you are on holiday. The rooms are comfortable in old Dutch Style, the hotel is centrally placed with the famous red bus stop right across the hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed upstairs, nice balcony next to the room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Do not stay at this hotel! Money was stolen from the safe in our room, hundreds of dollars’ worth, by the staff lurking about! Do not be fooled by the apparent friendliness of the staff or hotel manager. When we asked for help to deal with the situation and call the police, no assistance was given and we had to do everything ourselves, reporting to the police, getting a theft report drawn up, etc. Despite the fact the theft happened under their own roof, no accountability was taken and no full refund provided! The response we got back was 'we do not owe you anything'! Please stay away from this hotel, it isn't worth it!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geronimo12543
DutchManorHotel, Director of Sales at Dutch Manor Antique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Dear Guest. Thank you for the review. However lets set a couple of facts straight. Firstly you were the only one with the access code for your safe that was situated in your room. You have indicated that there was money in the safe, however the Hotel cannot confirm this.The Hotel manager telephonically informed you that a case of theft must be opened. It was confirmed that a full investigation will be done on the alleged theft and that the case number is required.You indicated that you have insurance in this regard and you will be claiming your losses from the insurance company. You were reimbursed with 50% of your account.You indicated to the director of the company that you were very happy with the actions being taken by the Hotel.I cannot believe that you insist on a full refund on your entire account, and find this very odd taking into account that you are going to claim your losses from the insurance.Nothing like a free holiday based on an assumed theft.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

2000 rand was stolen from my wallet while I was sleeping or taking a breakfast. The room was not locked. At that time, there were only hotel staffs and I was the only hotel guest. I found my money missing when I was shopping outside. I could calculate the loss easily because it happened on the day or in the next morning of the check-in and I had been sleeping in my room without spending any money after check-in. I knew how much I kept in my wallet.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank 4security
DutchManorHotel, General Manager at Dutch Manor Antique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear 4Security

I trust that you are doing well, thank you for your review.

I would firstly like to take the opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience caused by your experience, but it is from the position of the Dutch Manor Antique Hotel highly unlikely that money could have disappeared from your wallet for several reasons.

Firstly, on check in you were informed that your room is equipped with a safe for money, valuables, passport and other important documents. This is a service that we offer to all our guests and for your convenience. It is also not uncommon for me as the GM to show guests how to operate the safe, or inform them on how to do so themselves using pins that only they would know. So for staff to have access to the safe would be as unlikely as knowing the pin to your bank card, quite impossible.

Secondly none of our staff members are allowed to enter into the rooms while our guests are having breakfast/present in the hotel. During the breakfast service the members of staff are all attending to serving guests in the dining room, and do not turn-over the rooms during this time. Turn-over times commences after the breakfast service or after guests have left their rooms, and this is done on a two staff member basis to ensure that no irregularities take place. It is against company policy for one staff member to do so alone, and can assure you that the GM of the hotel is present in the case of only one porter/cleaner.

Additionally, had you brought any irregularities to my attention immediately, I would have been better able to assist while you were present. No such matter was brought under my attention or the attention of the staff during your stay with us. It is not the position of the Dutch Manor Antique Hotel to neglect such a serious complaint, and would have assisted above and beyond had you been forthcoming about this particular incident.

Again, on behalf of the Dutch Manor Antique Hotel, I would like to extend my personal apologies for the incident. I would also like to extend my assistance if you have any other information on the matter that I do not, and see how I am able to be of greater help. My staff and I pride ourselves on our professionalism and service, and take such a complaint very seriously. Should you have any other information that you would like to share with us, please feel free to contact me directly and I will happily assist.

I look forward to hearing from you again, and hope that you continue to have a wonderful day.

Warm regards,

Elona Kroon
158 Buitengracht Street
Bo-Kaap
t: +27 21 422 4767
m: +27 73 088 4740
e: info@dutchmanor.co.za

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Large, comfortable room in an old Cape Dutch home. Charmingly furnished with original antigue Cape Dutch and French furniture. Centrally placed and close to motorways. Friendly and helpful staff. All round, a nostalgic and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Marilyn A

I trust that you are doing well. Thank you for your review.

It is always wonderful to hear that guests enjoyed the facilities that we have on offer, and that the time you spent with us at the Dutch Manor Antique Hotel was memorable for you. Coupled with the historic surroundings, the contrasting city hustle and our world class hotel, I believe it makes for a wonderful all-round experience.

I hope that you continue to have a wonderful afternoon and together with the Mother City, the Dutch Manor Antique Hotel looks forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Elona Kroon
158 Buitengracht Street
Bo-Kaap
t: +27 21 422 4767
m: +27 73 088 4740
e: info@dutchmanor.co.za

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We booked this hotel because of its location, apparent value-for-money, and great reviews. The location, at least, did not disappoint. Just about everything else did—it felt like a case of bait-and-switch.

We used Hotels.com to book a “luxury double suite” with a "balcony with city views," a “separate dining area,” in-room WiFi, and a complimentary breakfast. The room was a regular single room with no separate dining area; the balcony was in the hotel common area, not the room. The WiFi was not available anywhere in the room except standing right next to the door AND we were never able to log on using any of our devices (U.S.-based iPhones and iPads). When we addressed this with the proprietor she said “that’s strange” and did nothing to rectify the situation. Finally, we flew in late and when we awoke the next morning the proprietor informed us she could not provide complimentary breakfast at the rate we booked (which was low, granted, but our trip was way off season). She said this was a listing error by Hotels.com, and instead offered us breakfast at 75 ZAR. But that did not really address the fact that what we signed up for was *free* breakfast. (Also, FYI, we discovered that you can walk 2-3 blocks to a café and get very good eggs, toast, and coffee for about 60 ZAR plus tip.)

In all fairness, the good points: super-convenient location, clean, good shower, in-room coffee/tea/water and toiletries were well-done. Then there is personal taste: if you love antiques you may love this hotel, but if you like “light, bright, and cheery” this is not the place for you (even the artificial lighting is dim). Take a good look at the website as you decide. Above all, be aware that you may not get what you thought you were paying for. Some of the fault may lie with Hotels.com (I’m trying to contact them separately about this) but regardless, the hotel proprietor’s attitude about it left me with the sense that she cares more about her antiques than her guests.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple