“Charming, delightful hotel central to everything”

Dutch Manor Antique Hotel
Ranked #67 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2015

I stayed three nights in this absolutely wonderful bed & breakfast, and if I could just move in permanently I would. The rooms are beautifully and delightfully furnished, with comfortable beds and gorgeous accessories. Climate control options are available, but who can pass up pulling open the heavy curtains, throwing open the windows, and feeling the Atlantic breezes flow through the room? I had rented a car and for a couple of my activities I took it out, but mostly I found myself walking around Bo-Kaap and the city center because the hotel was just so convenient to everything. I was the only guest in the hotel during my time there and it was nice to chat with staff members at breakfast and in the evenings when I returned. Every detail was attended to, the breakfast was generous and good quality, and it all felt so warm and civilized. Great for singles and very romantic for couples -- but probably not very engaging for families with young children. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Daniel R

Reviewed 19 June 2015

A beautiful interior in an historic building and excellent service. Public spaces and rooms furnished with South African antiques, including the four-poster beds. A good location and Hop-on Hop-off bus stop right across the street.

Only complaint? We reserved through a booking site and requested twin beds. There aren't any, but apparently the booking site didn't know that. Hot the hotel's fault at all, but it's double or nothing!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank BillWMichigan
Reviewed 22 May 2015

I stayed 3 nights in this fantastic hotel in central Cape Town. Rooms are very beautifully furnished and are very comfortable. The breakfast is delicious and served in a very nicely decorated room. The staff is nice and helpful. Location is great, walking distance to Long street and waterfront.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2015

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in April, ‘15. We definitely recommend it as a base for exploring Cape Town. It is an old Dutch mansion that has been beautifully restored and converted to a boutique hotel that has charm and character.

The Dutch Manor is very conveniently located on the edge of Bo Kap and a 10-minute walk to Long Street and to the historic center. The neighborhood, especially Bo-Kap seemed very safe. Parking is either on site or at a lot just down the street. Our room (#5) was on the upper floor with a wide hallway that was furnished as a lounge area, with access to other rooms and the dining area where breakfast was served.

The room was large and beautifully decorated with antiques and artwork. It had a very comfortable 4-poster bed with a sofa, a large armoire with safe, a desk, and a large attractive bathroom with good counterspace and a large shower (no tub). The a.c. and wifi worked well.

The breakfast was excellent, with fruit, yoghurt, baked goods, and several offerings of eggs and pancakes cooked to order.

The staff was very friendly and helpful – they seemed genuinely interested in assisting us to enjoy Cape Town. All in all, the Dutch Manor was a delightful beginning to our month-long exploration of South Africa and we recommend especially if you like charm and character as well as comfort and a “touch of class.”

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NaMakani
Reviewed 9 May 2015

I spent 4 days and 3 nights, the staff were very helpful, I felt right at home.
The place is well maintained and everyone really make you feel at home.
They can help you organize the tours. It was my first time to travel alone and I felt lucky that I choose to stay in this hotel. Excellent hotel and excellent staff. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
DutchCapeTown, General Manager at Dutch Manor Antique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2015

Dear Guest

I would like to confirm too that you indeed made a great choice for accommodation on you first visit. We at Dutch Manor Hotel we are firm believers on 'first impression counts' . We live that and it confirms that we are a 'home away from home' to our guests. As a Team we would like to say thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you.

We hope to have you back soon.

Nobu