MannaBay
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$149
Hilton
  • Pool
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$360
US$256
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$154
  • Pool
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
US$995
US$670
Agoda.com
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$64
Agoda.com
US$285
US$265
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$864
US$771
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$121
Hotels.com
US$179
US$115
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$400
US$343
Priceline
All reviewsmanna bayhigh teawhite roomversailles suiteorchid roomboutique hotelpom pomexplorer roomtable mountainhour butler serviceday bedoverlooking cape townour honeymoonevery afternoonsteam roomdinner reservationsamazing hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2017

My husband and I stayed here on our last night in Cape Town, and I am so glad we did! The hotel is just stunning - the rooms are beautiful and the views are amazing. We stayed in the Orchid room and loved our view of Table Mountain. The hotel had a congratulatory mini bottle of champagne in the room when we arrived, which we really appreciated. The high tea was delicious, and there are plenty of beautiful places to sit and enjoy the tea/food. All of the staff members were very gracious and helpful. We didn't feel like leaving for dinner, so they helped us order delivery food and then set up a candlelight table for us in the dining room, it was so peaceful and relaxing. The breakfast the next morning was the best we had in Cape Town - I am going to reach out separately and beg for their oatmeal+fruit compote recipe :) The complimentary airport transfer was also greatly appreciated. I would absolutely stay at MannaBay again if possible!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
MannabayManagement, General Manager at MannaBay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Camille D,

Wow, thank you for your wonderful comments and high praise! Although Orchid is one of our smaller rooms, it is also one of my favourite as the decor is beautiful and the view of the mountain spectacular.
I'm happy you enjoyed the champagne, a small touch to acknowledge your special occasion. When you celebrate one of your many anniversaries to come, you must stay longer next time!
You only had one night, so it was a delight for us to make it really special and I'm happy you enjoyed the evening and night views of the city. It is all the little extras that make the experience at MannaBay special and I'd like to thank you for highlighting them here.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Once an amazing family home, this tiny hotel has amazing views of the city and is nestled beneath Table Mountain. The rooms have fabulous decor and are huge. A very special hotel for one or two nights. Afternoon tea, with freshly baked cakes and savouries is a special treat and included in the price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Lesley-Ann M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay, it was a pleasure having you. I think being a smaller hotel helps make the experience even more special and intimate, and with so much to do in Cape Town, one or two nights might just be too short!

The MannaBay family looks forward to welcoming you back to our home.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and can’t think of enough amazing things to say about MannaBay. We stayed in the Versailles Room which was both huge and gorgeous with incredible views of the city (and a second bed outside on the porch to enjoy them!). The staff was amazing and available to help with anything we needed both at the hotel and around the city. Make sure to save an appetite for the delicious spread at afternoon tea every day! We will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear David B,

Thank you for your awesome review. Our Versailles Suite is probably one of the best rooms in Cape Town, with unbeatable views as you say. We appreciate your compliments about our staff; we are truly blessed with a fantastic team. And you're right about the High Tea - it is very difficult to hold back when such delightful treats are prepared daily by our chefs.

I do hope you will be back, as it will only be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I was recommended the High tea service at Manna Bay and decided to give it a try. The property itself is stunning, well kept and had breath taking views. Attentive staff, Including a personal welcome from the manager. Vegetarian options were prepared when we indicated our dietary restrictions, which was impressive. The selection felt more like afternoon tea, rather than High tea, however, that was easily forgiven considering the service and views.
I would definitely recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
MannabayManagement, General Manager at MannaBay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear sherezam,

It was such a pleasure hosting you for High Tea recently. We are blessed with a fantastic location and the property itself as you rightly say is beautiful. However the one thing we are most proud of is our staff, and I am happy to hear you had a wonderful experience.

Thank you for coming and for your positive review; we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

First off, I really wanted to fall head over heals in love with this hotel, but in the end could not. Though both the location and the building itself are stunning it was a couple of little things that made it fall from from excellent in my and my partners mind. I do admit I am a self professed hotel snob, with very high standards. Having been in the industry, and currently manage a hotel I look for the little things.

I have nothing negative to say about the rooms. We stayed in the Orchid room and could not have been happier. Both the interior decor and cleanliness of the room were perfect. Modern and elegant with a sense of being close to nature with massive windows that opened up like doors. The view of Table Mountain was phenomenal. The rest of the hotel is essentially a very large house with all the rooms you would expect. A library, dinning room, lounge and open kitchen. It made one feel as if it was ones own home. The intimacy of the lack of guest rooms makes it feel very personal. Parking was also easy once given a gate key. The breakfast was also top notch.

Now, what we had issues with were small service issues that ended up adding up. Stiff really is the best way to describe how we felt about the service overall. Now not everyone did we feel this way about. The two gentleman who saved our service experience, and essentially our stay, were our driver to and from dinner and a gentleman from Zimbabwe (he wore glasses). The driver to and from dinner was so personable, friendly and knowledgeable that he literally made our stay at Manna Bay. Though I cannot remember his name he was phenomenal. The gentleman from Zimbabwe was also very kind and friendly.

Even with these two to booster service we still had interactions that felt forced and honestly snobbish. Specific moments include arrival when asked about a beverage and my fiance asking for water and being told "is that really what you want," ordering drinks after a long hike and having to find someone, and sitting down for breakfast and being told we took the wrong plate (there were many and its morning so give us a break before we have had our coffee). Other little things include not having the sparking wine that I ordered in the room on arrival along with my reservation (which I did not remember until later), and feeling like second hand guests when a FAM(or some other kind of PR group was in house for tea). I know I am being picky, but it was the one day we could stay and enjoy tea and there was no where to sit other than the dinning area for tea. We would have much preferred to have been able to enjoy the lovely day and be outside enjoying the view then sitting in the corner. Overall, though the hotel was lovely and many of our interactions with staff were good we decided on our fight back that we would not stay at this location again. The price was simply too high for what we felt was stiff service; and we truly are very disappointed in that, because we wanted to make Manna Bay the location we came back to during leisure and work trips, and a place to recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
MannabayManagement, General Manager at MannaBay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear HMP8,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us in April this year. We do have the most wonderfully designed rooms and public areas, and Orchid is indeed a delightful room with amazing views. We appreciate you highlighting the service provided by Ayanda and William, they are true gems as are indeed all of the MannaBay family.

We are blessed to have such genuinely warm and approachable staff, which is why I was a bit surprised to read your comments on the service or interactions being otherwise. Stiff and snobbish are not words one would associate with our team nor the overall atmosphere at MannaBay, and so I am disappointed to hear that that was your impression. I would also like to apologise that there seemed to be a group having high tea whilst you wanted to relax. We try to limit the amount of external guests booking high tea, especially larger groups, and have significantly cut down on these sort of bookings recently.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to MannaBay in the near future and show you the warmth and love you may have missed on your first visit.

Stretton and The MannaBay Family