MannaBay
US$138
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$204
US$221
US$214
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$132
Hilton
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$779
US$742
  • Breakfast included
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Breakfast included
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$146
US$64
  • Restaurant
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$120
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsmanna bayhigh teawhite roomversailles suiteorchid roomboutique hotelpom pomexplorer roomtable mountainhour butler serviceday bedoverlooking cape townour honeymoonevery afternoonsteam roomdinner reservationsamazing hotel
Reviewed 20 February 2017

This is the fifth year that we have stayed at Manna Bay and it goes from strength to strength. What sets it apart is not the fabulous building nor the stunning views nor the utterly delicious breakfast or the equally amazing high tea, pink bubbly included, but the people who look after you. They are a wonderful team for whom nothing is too much trouble. It has become the highlight of our annual South African holiday and I know my wife will not consider a visit to the Cape without a visit to Manna Bay. Better get booking for next year......!

2  Thank Steve R
Richard31CapeTown, General Manager at MannaBay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your amazing loyalty and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the rest of the Tripadvisor community. We will be waiting with open arms till your return ;)

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I believe MannaBay is the best hotel in Cape Town - possibly one of the best in the world. My wife and I have traveled extensively throughout the world, but we have agreed that this is the absolute best hotel that we have ever experienced! Bronwynne was extremely helpful in assisting with our initial reservation and our restaurant requests. Mitch and Laura were extremely hospitable in regards to assisting us upon arrival and throughout our stay. William was so kind when we would arrive after dinner providing us an in-house made beer or a glass or three of wine with snacks! MannaBay also provides transportation to and from restaurants in the evening. We couldn't thank Ayanda for his kindness and ability take us to and from restaurants so efficiently. Our room was absolutely amazing with an extremely comfortable bed, great bathroom, and reliable WiFi. We had an absolute amazing view of the city and a terrace with a view of Table Mountain. If that is not enough to persuade you...the high tea or the breakfast prepared by Chef Shelly and others is impeccable with so many options. If you are debating on which hotel to stay in Cape Town...take my advice and stay at MannaBay. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank misterwilliam1
Richard31CapeTown, General Manager at MannaBay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Thank you for this amazing review. I put it up immediately for all the staff to see. We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We take absolute pride in providing the best service from the first point of contact (Bronwynne in reservations) to the very last moment when wave goodbye.
We cannot wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Fantastic welcome and service. Nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff ot manager. Views from front of the hotel are down over the city and bay, from the back up to Table Mountain. Breakfast and afternoon teas are sumptuous. If you are visiting Cape Town and want to feel cosseted this is the place to visit.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Richard31CapeTown, General Manager at MannaBay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Tim,
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your short stay with us. Please make sure you reserve a couple extra night next time ;)
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2017

There cannot be many places where you are welcomed with pink champagne and shown direct to a lounger by the immaculate pool, altogether nicer than most check in processes!

This elegant house set high up at the foot of table mountain is a welcoming and peaceful place from which to explore Cape Town or the Cape itself. Great modern design, art and furnishing highlight a series of dramatic spaces that surround three floors of open atrium/staircase forming the centre of the property. Off this space are lounges, dining areas, balconies large and small overlooking the entire bay vista and the surrounding mountains, stunning. The bedrooms are a variety of sizes from simply generous to monstrous suites, all well equipped and decorated with quirk and flair.

Service is simply excellent, laid back but always available, tea, coffee, alcohol, advice, transport, whatever, it's all available and on hand instantly. Transport too and from restaurants at night (there is no dinner service) is slickly arranged with the driver juggling your needs superbly and always full of advice and witty comment. Butler service in the hotel during the day and night is discreet, efficient but friendly when you want it to be, restaurant and trip advice is knowledgable and helpful, reservations are swiftly arranged.

If you like the boutique hotel experience and like being well looked after in a stunning, relaxing environment then you'll find much to enjoy at Manna Bay. Breakfasts are beautifully prepared for you to order, you can even watch the chef work if you really want to, and an extraordinary 'high tea' is provided from 3pm on offering a mixture of sweet and savoury delights to tempt you even when you think that you're not hungry.

Niggles? Few really, if you want to walk it's quite remote from town centre but I guess it's do-able to walk down into town (a long steep climb back). The huge atrium/open lounges could be a problem for peaceful sleep if a large party decided to be noisy in there, all the rooms open off it at various levels.

We loved it, the place, staff, style and location suited us down to the ground and we were so glad that we'd avoided so many of the grand but huge hotels of downtown Cape Town and instead been cosseted in this very special place, thank you Mitch and the team at Manna Bay.

Room Tip: Rooms with bay view get full sun, mountain view rooms are quieter and cooler ( and the mountain view is extraordinary).
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Richard31CapeTown, General Manager at MannaBay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Thank you for your incredible and thorough review. We feel you have highlighted many points that makes MannaBay so special.
We hope to see you back here again sometime soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

This review is for their reservation and cancellation process.

I booked my reservation back in November, and due to healthcare reasons I had to cancel my trip. I notified the hotel of this cancelation on December 30th (for my April 2nd trip) and requested a refund. Since I booked this hotel through hotels.com, they guarantee 100% reimbursement up until about 30 days prior to your trip.

Well, it seems this hotel makes agreements with third-parties like hotels.com, but then holds you to a different cancellation policy. When I notified the hotel of the cancellation, for which I provided a doctor's note, I then get a response stating that I would only receive a portion of my deposit (they would retain 30% of it). Extremely frustrated, I decided to let hotels.com deal with them to get my refund.

Well, I just have to say cross your fingers that you don't have to cancel your reservation with this hotel because it's been an absolute nightmare. Hotels.com has emailed their billing department multiple times in the last two weeks requesting a status on my refund and they are flat out ignoring them.

I understand if I had canceled this reservation 30 days before my trip, but I literally gave them four months notice. On top of that they make agreements with third-parties that clearly states 100% refund (check out Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.) and then they don't follow through. Talk about unnecessary stress!

It sounds like they offer excellent service once you're there (which is why we originally booked them), but life does happen and sometimes plans don't work out. I thought this hotel would have been more understanding as they pride themselves in providing excellent customer service. But after what I've been through (and likely continue for some time), I highly recommend you look elsewhere when booking your trip to Cape Town. I've stayed at so many hotels and I've never come across such horrible customer service as I've experienced with Mannabay.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Richard31CapeTown, General Manager at MannaBay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Christi,
We have definitely dropped the ball with your reservation and sincerely apologise for any unnecessary stress that this has caused. We pride ourselves on delivering fantastic service before a guest arrives, through their stay and hopefully the good memories will last well after they depart. A few issues on our side have resulted in us providing you with unacceptable service - certainly not the norm for us. I will contact you privately with further explanation, but please rest assured that a full refund has been made (actioned well before we received this review).