“Gourmet Indian Food”

Ranked #33 of 1 245 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Luxury dining meets fine Indian cuisine at the Bombay Brasserie where every meal is a gastronomic journey through a delicate melody of flavours. Contemporary Indian dining at its best. We also offer an award winning wine list, local craft beers, valet parking and large groups up to 8 guests.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Definitely a gastro-Indian restaurant, starting with delicious amuse-bouches, a wide vegetarian selection of starters and main courses differing hugely from the usual Indian restaurant menus to be found in European countries. The kitchen is partly open, and the service is top notch. Decadent but comfortable tables and seating.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Wow words can’t even begin to describe how amazing my time was at the Bombay Brasserie. I went there for the first time last night with my family and the service was impeccable. I have been to a lot of amazing restaurants around the world but oh my gosh the food and especially the service was second to none. Our waiter was on point. His name was Marlin. He was knowledgeable in everything from the food to always making sure that we were ok and the way he presented himself was amazing. He is honestly the best waiter I have ever had! Absolute sophistication and class.

And Liezel the manager was just as amazing too. She called me to confirm my booking for the night and she ran me through how the set menu works specifically for the Bombay brasserie. She was definitely on point too. She always made sure that we were fine.

Honestly probably the best Indian cuisine I have ever tasted and I love my Indian food. Even though it was a set menu, we got to taste literally everything.

I told Marlin our waiter that I was feeling like a fish dish and he said that the chef would make me a special fish dish. My goodness gracious that fish curry was AMAZING!!! The best fish curry I have ever had!

In conclusion, I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant to everybody.

1  Thank Yumna A
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Wonderful dinner served by attentive staff and you can tell them how spicy you would like their dishes It is fairly small so you must have a reservation.

1  Thank will279
Reviewed 17 March 2018

The service is one thing a restaurant has to get right and Bombay got it right. Marlon who blew us away with his knowledge and personality kept us entertained in a way that didn't over power our evening. The food is just as amazing as Marlon. Reaching over our expectations, leaving us with a few doggies bags (with our names on them) on our way home, as we were so full. Ensure you have enough time to really enjoy the restaurant. I will be back.

2  Thank LMojito22
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic - phenomenal food, great service and the small tidbits they offer between courses are just great! Chef accommodated for all our allergy needs and the food that was served completely surprised us - in line with some of the Michelin starred restaurants in London!!