“One of the best place in Cape Town”

Bombay Bicycle Club
Ranked #135 of 1 288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Bowl
Description: Welcome to The Bombay Bicycle Club, Cape Town’s wonderfully wacky bohemian love den at the top of the hill, where everything is possible and always ensues. Headed up by Madame Zingara, The Bombay is a representation of our colourful history and an expression of our eclectic past; a venue where you are encouraged to let your hair down and expected to stay up way past your bed time. The menu is a collection of all-time favourites that have enchanted our diners for many years, complemented by an ever-changing collection of specials which embrace our local borough traders and keep even the most jaded palate amused. As The Bombay represents our past, so The Sidewalk Cafe symbolizes the new. One for the wild and hedonistic, and one for the gentle soul – the yin and yang of Madame Zingara.
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Great food and amazing atmosphere! I recommend the "love shack" if you are going for a romantic dinner!

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying what I've experienced, I personally find the food there quite mediocre to be honest, I even went to the restaurant with 8 Europeans who are visiting South Africa and they even said themselves that their meals were mediocre. And one of the waitresses actually made me feel like I was nothing, never looked forward taking my order etc. Literally always forgetting what I ordered. Shame I'll go there again to give the place a second chance.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

The atmosphere is great and really something special. Maybe a bit to loud music if you want to make conversations with your friends but otherwise it was nice. The super friendly waitress made me a vegan dish even though it was not on the menu, and it tasted delicious!

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Arrived without a booking, so got given a place at the bar since the restaurant was filled up to its seams. We orderd drinks, they have great cocktails. Also the rib special is very very good. Its supposed to be a starter, but can be eaten as a full meal. The enterior of the bar is totally random, and completly composed of articafacts that would in no way fit together anywhere else. Amasing place, amasing atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

Extraordinary cosy atmosphere, great music, delicious drinks and the best of all amazing food. Please be sure to book a table!