Reviews (1 581)
1 581 results
All reviews the executive lounge table mountain bo kaap free shuttle signal hill concierge staff long street shuttle service an upgrade room was spacious the hotel offers water front central location camps bay waterfront area south africa rand
651 - 656 of 1 581 reviews
Reviewed 1 December 2015

We had an amazing experience with the Hilton Cape Town, Staff was extremely helpful and even upgrade our room to a beautiful suite! The location was perfect for our stay as well. Close to shopping and restaurants and nightlife. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: November 2015
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton Cape Town City Centre with the Trip Advisor community.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and hope that you will be able to return to Cape Town to create more memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 29 November 2015

Great property in the heart of Cape Town with a centralized location. Nice staff that was very friendly. Access to a lot of Taxi's to get around Cape Town. A lot of food choices nearby and night clubs for entertainment.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our property.

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at Hilton Cape Town City Centre as well as the food and entertainment the city had offered you.

Your recommendation to fellow travellers is much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

If you ever visit Cape Town you might look for a big named Hotel, this is what I usually do and as a loyal Hilton Honors member I did. Would I do it again? probably not as there are so many wonderful hotels in front of the waterfront for much cheaper pricing. In general the hotel is located close to long street where bars and nightlife is and the hotel offers free shuttle service to the waterfront which is great. Rooms are nicely renovated and very comfortable, the outside of the hotel shows its years and the windows are not isolated therefore very noisy.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with regards to your noise level in the room.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our modern and comfortable rooms, central location and shuttle service to the Waterfront.

With my personal regards,

Marc Schumacher,

Reviewed 22 November 2015

After more than 3 weeks at sea, I needed a room with quiet, relaxation, free wifi and a balcony. Not necessarily in that order.
I hummed and hahhed over this hotel, as the reviews were up and down - but took heed of the fact that some of the rooms were directly opposite the lifts and therefore not recommended.

Before booking, I emailed the hotel and asked which type of room (as there are several!) was the room with a balcony and they replied very promptly. Normally I would not care about the outside space, especially if I was concerned about bugs etc but for this occasion it was essential.

It was near enough to the lift to be easy to get around but far enough away that the only time I heard anyone was when they'd taken the wrong turn.

When I arrived, straight off the boat, with my cases, it was very early but this was absolutely no problem at ALL for the hotel. They offered me the free shuttle to the Waterfront, as well as the full use of the poolside lounge or other places to sit and wait. My music, kindle and wallet came with me, the rest of the stuff was put into storage behind reception.

As I started burning on the wonderfully comfortable yet super exposed day bed near the pool, I figured that the time had come to go back inside. The hotel staff came up to me and told me my room was ready and even took me to it and asked if it was OK. Something that I have not experienced too many times in all my travels.

I looked and just thought "wow". The bathroom was larger than my bedroom at home, heck the bed was larger than my bedroom at home. I really think it would fit 4 people, even my size. Needless to say I was super happy to have that all to myself.

It was clean, there was a work desk there and furniture on the balcony, to sit and look across at Signal Hill. I was concerned about getting pool noise but it was not a problem. The view was stunning, at night, at day, at sunset - just wow.

Ok enough about the room (which I am really hoping will be available when I next go, I shall definitely enquire about the chances of getting the exact same room if I book early enough!) onto the rest of the hotel.

The concierge staff were amazing, anticipating your needs well in advance. I already knew my way around the waterfront, having been there with the shuttle from the ship and didn't need any other advice, but the free shuttle was a wonderful touch.The first afternoon there, I walked down to the waterfront, missed the last shuttle but a cab wasn't too expensive (proving I'd been ripped off by the one from the port - beware!).

Food: One day I was having a "mostly in the hotel day". For lunch I ordered a lamb burger from room service. They did not have the bread rolls for some reason, which they called up about, to make sure that was OK... but I think I got extra chips instead. It was definitely the best lamb burger I have ever had. The perfect amount of spice and not too much fat. I can't speak for whatever sauce it should have come with, as I always order without that. My friend was driving over to see me and she and I both fancied some Indian food - well guess what? The Indian restaurant was within the hotel. Again, delicious food and good service, until we were looking to pay. I think they must have thought we were both guests, when actually my friend wanted to go home before it got too dark.
On my going home day I had room service again, steak and eggs, lots of protein for the long long day ahead. It was nice. I'd not say as lovely as the lamb burger but well worth the money paid.

Location: right by BoKaap. I didn't really look around there to be honest. I would explore more next time I think.
From the Waterfront: I walked it, but it took a while. The free shuttle is good although is on a timetable. A cab was around £5 if I recall.
City Sightseeing bus: Actually that stops REALLY close. I got a free bus ticket with a heli ride so on the way to Table Mountain, I saw the hotel... of course then I stayed on the bus when I was coming back to the hotel and took the very long and scenic route (no matter that I'd seen it before on a cruise itinerary tour) back.
However good to know, surely, that if you buy a ticket for the buses from the concierge, that you are very close to the stop that will take you to table mountain. ;-)

Staff: right up to check out they were amazing. Nothing at all was too much for them. They held my bags until my airport car arrived and even let me use the shuttle service after I checked out, so I could go and watch the ocean one more time.

More than I'd normally pay when travelling alone but worth every penny, even if I have to skip another trip to be able to come here again in a couple of years' time.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre, it is much appreciated.

I am delighted to read that you had a memorable experience at our property and would recommend us to the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

It is such a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of your room as well as time spent on our Signal Hill Terrace.

Thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With my personal regards,

Marc Schumacher.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

We really enjoyed our recent stay at this Hilton hotel. Its' very central location is unbeatable. It's within walking distance to Long Street, a short cab ride (ZAR50) to the V&A waterfront and the views of Table Mountain are simply marvelous. It was such a treat to wake up every morning and gaze at such beautiful sight.

In keeping with the Hilton brand, our room was not only spacious, it was clean, comfortable and modern with touches of luxury. The aforementioned view of Table Mountain reminds you that you are indeed in Cape Town.

I can't say enough good things about the staff of the hotel. From the moment we arrived till the minute we left, they were more than a tad helpful. Every time we returned to the hotel whether from a day of exploring or at night from dinner, we were always greeted warmly.

Breakfast was good though once again, pales in comparison to the sheer enormity of the spread at the Hilton Tokyo, Moorea and Bora Bora. However, it was on par with other Hilton properties that we've stayed at. The staff at the restaurant were equally friendly just as the rest of the hotel staff were. We did try their Indian restaurant on our first night there and it was alright (then again, I'm not a big fan of Indian cuisine so I'm hardly in a position to critique that).

The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to the V&A waterfront every hour during the day until 6PM that we really appreciated. That allowed us not only to explore the waterfront but also reach destinations like the Nelson Mandela Gateway for our trip to Robben Island as well as the helipad for our helicopter tour. While the shuttle service stops at 6PM, as mentioned above, it's only a short ZAR50 cab ride back to the hotel.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely stay here again if we find ourselves back in Cape Town.

Date of stay: October 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us.

It is particularly warming to receive a review like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented by our team. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and I have shared them with my team.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our modern and comfortable rooms, stunning views and central location. Thank you for recommending Hilton Cape Town City Centre to the Trip Advisor community.

Your feedback is valued and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mother City!