“Excellent Food, Charming Setting ”
Review of Sloppy Sam's

Sloppy Sam's
Ranked #258 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A small restaurant run by a friendly staff, serving quality and authentic "home-cooked" Mediterranean food in a rustic atmosphere. Located directly opposite the Protea Victoria Junction Hotel, de Waterkant, Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Sloppy Sam's based on TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. We had to park on the pavement just outside the restaurant there's a very keen car guard. We were greeted at the door by the friendly owner himself. The restaurant is small, cozy and has a warm ambience. The building is very old and the traditional architecture and old wooden staircase, window frames and decor add to the charm. We were seated upstairs. There were 2 waitresses, both very attentive and friendly. We ordered lamb shank and lamb roll. My husband, being a lamb shank fan, said it was one of the best he's ever had. The lamb roll was also outstanding! We had baklava with ice cream for dessert. My husband enjoyed the baklava but I didn't - it had a flouriness to it that I disliked. The prices are set at the going rate. We highly recommend this restaurant. We will definitely be back next time we visit Cape Town.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We come here often. Once a week if we can. It's hands down the best lamb in town. My favorite is the lamb neck. It's not a dish you find on menus often. But it's the most succulent and tasty lamb neck you'll find. This is a low key local place for when you are just looking for a quiet tasty meal or something informal with friends. Owner run, and great care is always taken here. Passionate owner that is very knowledgeable about meat!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We both had lamb the lamb ribs and the lamb neck which were very flavorful. We had starters and a nice bottle of Pinotage ,which was excellent value

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I love Sloppy Sam is my favorite restaurant in Cape Town. The lamb chops and calamari are great and cooked to perfection. Also try, lamb neck and ribs.
The food is simple, fresh and most importantly delicious. I could eat here several times a week and still crave it. We also recommend it to all our guests, it’s the one place everyone leaves, wanting to come back! Go there, try it and you will return!

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was located across the street from our hotel, which is why we opted to try it. We'd looked at the menu online before and the food looked good.

We were the only people in the restaurant, which should of been a sign from the beginning.

While we were waiting for our food, we could see the chef playing with his hair while in the kitchen.

Do not recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank RoxLev