“Excellent lamb”

Sloppy Sam's
Ranked #207 of 1 297 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A small restaurant run by a friendly staff, serving quality and authentic "home-cooked" Mediterranean food in a rustic atmosphere. Located directly opposite the Protea Victoria Junction Hotel, de Waterkant, Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We both had lamb the lamb ribs and the lamb neck which were very flavorful. We had starters and a nice bottle of Pinotage ,which was excellent value

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I love Sloppy Sam is my favorite restaurant in Cape Town. The lamb chops and calamari are great and cooked to perfection. Also try, lamb neck and ribs.
The food is simple, fresh and most importantly delicious. I could eat here several times a week and still crave it. We also recommend it to all our guests, it’s the one place everyone leaves, wanting to come back! Go there, try it and you will return!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was located across the street from our hotel, which is why we opted to try it. We'd looked at the menu online before and the food looked good.

We were the only people in the restaurant, which should of been a sign from the beginning.

While we were waiting for our food, we could see the chef playing with his hair while in the kitchen.

Do not recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank RoxLev
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent eating. Good environment. Friendly, quick staff. Near the waterfront. Had the Lamb stew and wonderful Dolme. My mom had a greek shepherd's pie, which I sampled. It was phenomenal. 11/10 would dine again.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We have to visit Hooman and Sloppy Sams whenever we are in Cape Town. One of the few restaurants out of the tourist mainstream that is open on a Monday evening. For once, I didn't have my staple - the Sloppy Sam Lamb Shank special - probably the best anywhere in the world. So much so, I have already booked for an overseas guest when he visits Cape Town in September.

I had the calamari, which was delicious. Karen had her normal lamb ribs and lamb roll.

We started with their Greek Salad, done the way a greek salad should be made - the best quality tomato, onion, cucumber, feta and olives - NO LETTUCE, beautifully dressed at the table.

I had a taste for the taramasalata and hummus with PITA, which we savored while waiting for our mains.

Thank you Hooman and co for being so generous to us.

See you soon!