“Excellent Dolme and the Lamb Stew.... wow.”
Review of Sloppy Sam's

Sloppy Sam's
Ranked #253 of 1 185 Restaurants in Cape Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A small restaurant run by a friendly staff, serving quality and authentic "home-cooked" Mediterranean food in a rustic atmosphere. Located directly opposite the Protea Victoria Junction Hotel, de Waterkant, Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent eating. Good environment. Friendly, quick staff. Near the waterfront. Had the Lamb stew and wonderful Dolme. My mom had a greek shepherd's pie, which I sampled. It was phenomenal. 11/10 would dine again.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We have to visit Hooman and Sloppy Sams whenever we are in Cape Town. One of the few restaurants out of the tourist mainstream that is open on a Monday evening. For once, I didn't have my staple - the Sloppy Sam Lamb Shank special - probably the best anywhere in the world. So much so, I have already booked for an overseas guest when he visits Cape Town in September.

I had the calamari, which was delicious. Karen had her normal lamb ribs and lamb roll.

We started with their Greek Salad, done the way a greek salad should be made - the best quality tomato, onion, cucumber, feta and olives - NO LETTUCE, beautifully dressed at the table.

I had a taste for the taramasalata and hummus with PITA, which we savored while waiting for our mains.

Thank you Hooman and co for being so generous to us.

See you soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

What a nice surprise, it is Lebanese or middle eastern food, we had a great meze platter and my husband had liver. was gorgeous food, great service, good vibe and a lovely atmosphere. the prices are insanely cheap for this area.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

The restaurant is Mediterranean cuisine. My husband and I ordered two lamb dishes and the pickled octopus. The food was fresh, hot and delicious. The owner even came around to talk to all the patrons. You won't be disappointed if you enjoy lamb and inexpensive meals.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Expensive, place needs a serious revamp. Tacky! R50 corkage charged despite the menu stating R40. Food ok, not great.
On a positive note...the owner is friendly and welcoming.

1  Thank andrewkay2015