“An Institution that Never Lets One Down”
Review of Sloppy Sam's

Sloppy Sam's
Ranked #207 of 1 257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A small restaurant run by a friendly staff, serving quality and authentic "home-cooked" Mediterranean food in a rustic atmosphere. Located directly opposite the Protea Victoria Junction Hotel, de Waterkant, Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We have been going to Sloppy Sam's and singing it's praises for years. I would go so far as to say that we have introduced more than 50 new patrons to Sloppy Sams.

We normally go for their lamb. My wife and I enjoy different cuts and Hooman knows exactly how to do lamb. This is the best place for lamb in Cape Town bar none.

On this occasion however, we wanted to have the middle eastern experience of Taramasalata, Tatsziki, Haloumi, Hummus and Squid Heads with their awesome traditional greek salad and pita bread.

As usual we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Not many restuarants are keen to serve coffee and dessert only? We had supper and looking for a coffee shop walked along Somerset Rd. Sceptical of a rustic setting /looking decor place i 1st stepped in to make sure we will be served...and I am greeted with a hearty welcome and a handshake. I was sold!! Cappachinos, malva pudding and chocolate brownies was served with a smile at 9pm! We sat outside and enjoyed "sitting (almost) on the pavement". A few drops of pending rain was nonproblem for our waiter to roll out the patio cover for us...when we left Ibfelt it good manners to walk back inside and greet the manager / owner / chef? And once again a hearty genuine goodbye handshake! I'll definitely be back to enjoy hospitality like this(ps there are 3 parking bays right next to the outside tables!)...

1  Thank Adrian S
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Small restaurant serving Middle-Eastern food across the street from Protea Hotel Victoria Junction. The food is very good, the price is reasonable, and has a very relaxed ambiance.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Friends and I visited for dinner last week Friday. Its a small operation therefor did not expect slow service and having to wait so long for food. We wont be back it was not a good choice for our evening out

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

We were surprised to see the restaurant looked more like a grubby Mexican cantina than a Standard that we have grown to get used to while we have been in Cape Town for 12 weeks.
This aside, we had a rather good meal.
Not feeling to hungry we only had mains. I ordered the Lamb Ribs and my partner ordered lamb Neck.
Now we know where they got the name 'Sloppy' from.
Everything looked very unexciting, just thrown on a plate with no finesse at all.
Looked more like a school dinner, swimming in liquid.
But I must say...... absolutely delicious
If you are looking for fine dining, this place is not for you but if you are looking for exceptionally cooked wholesome food, then this is the place to go.
Just a shame we found this restaurant towards the end of our holiday as we would definitely return but with not so full bellies.