Pepperclub Hotel & Spa
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$122
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$73
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$115
  • Restaurant
US$127
  • Restaurant
US$182
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$77
  • Bar/Lounge
Hippo Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$63
Agoda.com
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Pool
Urban Hive Backpackers(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$23
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$975
US$949
Reviews (1 109)
1 109 results
All reviewspepper crabpepper club hotellong streetsinatra restaurantprivate cinematable mountaincamps bayloop streetfree shuttlecoffee machinenight lifeshuttle serviceconcierge desksignal hilllion's headenjoyed my stayour honeymoon
587 - 592 of 1 109 reviews
Reviewed 2 May 2015

My room was wonderful, service was superb without ever being officious. The concierges were more useful than at any hotel I have stayed at. Check-in was a little slow. Breakfast was included in the room rate and it was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had outside of France.

I arrived on a Saturday and fell asleep quickly despite the noise, thanks to jet lag. But was woken in the morning by excessive noise. It was friendly noise, but sleep was not possible. The noise comes from young people enjoying themselves on Long Street. This is a mixed experience, I love seeing young people enjoying themselves, but I also needed sleep. I didn't get much that night. I was in room 817 and wished I could have moved to a room overlooking Loop Street, which I think would have been much quieter. In the detailed ratings below I give the hotel a poor rating on "sleep quality" even though the hotel as a whole was excellent.

I was there for business, the meeting rooms were great and the goodies supplied at coffee breaks were very nice. Internet access for me was essential, it is reliable and access was simple.

This is a very friendly hotel that specializes in good service. If only there was a way to control noise it would be perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Loop Street. I "think" this would allow much better sleep environment.
Reviewed 29 April 2015

We stayed here for two nights in late April and had a mixed experience. As has been pointed-out already, the hotel is situated very close to Long St, which has a very busy (and loud) nightlife that could be heard from our room on the far side of the hotel. If you're looking for a room with views of Table Mountain, then you're also going to have to put-up with even more noise pollution than we experienced.

The room itself was spacious, well cleaned and very comfortable, while breakfast each morning was a buffet (although the serving staff could be a little forgetful). The staff (particularly at the front desk and at the concierge desk) were very friendly and accommodating.

The hotel provides regular transfers to both the V&A Waterfront and Camps Bay, although we never used them, but the R450 that we were quoted for an airport transfer seemed ridiculously expensive (we got an uber cab for about half that).

We didn't use the pool or spa facilities while we were there, but I did go up to take a look around one night and I would say that the views of Table Mountain from the pool area must be stunning during the day time.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, you should ask for a room overlooking Loop Street, but that means you won't have a view of Table Mountain.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dimples09
Reviewed 29 April 2015

It is not a 5 star hotel by any standards despite its rating! Good clean and spacious rooms with excellent front office and restaurant staff. Poor selection of TV channels. Housekeeping was below standard and needs a lot of work. TV remotes did not work nor did the room safe. Toiletries were rationed! The food from room service was very good as was the breakfast. Laundry service was good and the wifi was acceptable.
Not sure of the safety aspect but its a short walk from Long Street which is the place for clubbing.

Room Tip: Cant say as did not visit other rooms.
Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

This hotel is a nice hotel in a busy loud part of Cape Town. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean. It is in a central location- just a short drive from many attractions. The problem is- this is simply not a five star hotel. It may call itself one, but having had the privilege to stay in such fine establishments, I can honestly say, this hotel is a good 3 star hotel.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2015

I was in Cape Town for a conference, and stayed at the Pepperclub for 4 nights. I was one of the unfortunate people put in a room overlooking Long St. The positives are that the rooms are very clean and modern, there is a great view of Table Mountain from the pool, and the staff was friendly.

However, the layout of the hotel was odd - I had to take two elevators to get to my room (up, then down). Not a big deal, just a little odd. On the first three days, my room was not cleaned until after 3:00pm, but on last day, they were knocking on my door at 8:00am. But, as others have commented on, it is LOUD. Not just a little loud, but outrageously loud. Until 4-5am. I had asked to be moved, but the hotel was full. It went on every night, but Friday was especially loud. That particular night, I was awoken by a hotel staff at 10:45pm offering me a cupcake as an apology for the noise.

If you want to go out clubbing, and have a nice hotel to stumble home to, then this place would be perfect. If you're here for business, then you may want to avoid it (unless you can be assured you will be put in a quiet part of the hotel). I realize the hotel cannot control the nightclubs and party people, but I can't give this hotel 4 or 5 stars when there are so many other hotels in Cape Town offering everything that this hotel does, but without the noise.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking long st