African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel
US$134
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$131
Hilton
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$218
US$211
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$278
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$145
US$63
  • Restaurant
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$118
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Breakfast included
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$752
  • Breakfast included
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
All reviewslong streetmarriott chaintable mountaingreat hotelmodern hotelcompany gardensdeluxe suitefloor to ceiling windowsrain showerrooftop poolspacious bathroomrooms are bigkloof streetstar hotellion's headminute drivebusiness trip
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I came to the Hotel and had not so much time left for my business meeting. However, it is high season in Cape Town the administration of the hotel as well as the kind persons at the reception did a great job so that I could get to my appointments in time! Thank you so much! In addition, I have to say that I like the style of the hotel! The atmosphere is relaxed and offers for business traveler as well as for tourists a perfect environment. The rooms fulfill all wishes. Dinner in the restaurant is also nice. I will come back

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We spent a week there on holidays, and we were not disappointed. A great, modern hotel only a few minutes walk to Long Street and other shops and amenities nearby.
Our room was beautiful, spacious and clean, with a beautiful bathroom, and a lovely lounge area with hanging chairs.
The breakfast was amazing, a lot of very nice produces to choose from. The food from restaurant Savour was also a treat, we ate a couple of times there and were happy both times.
The rooftop pool is lovely, with an amazing view on Table Mountain but it does get extremely windy some days so not always enjoyable. Great, professional staff.

Room Tip: Room 333 was very quiet and spacious
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights inDecember 2017 and were so impressed. The hotel is so modern and beautifully furnished - our room/suite was spectacular with a stunning view of table mountain. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Enjoyed it so much - going back in March 2018!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2018

We stayed 7 nights in late November 2017 in a standard king room using Marriott Rewards points. The redemption rate was excellent based on the quality of the hotel.

Location is good. It's steps away from Kloof Street, which seems to be an overlooked part of Cape Town with excellent restaurants, bars, and shops (mostly filled with locals). Everything we needed (grocery store, pharmacy, laundry service) were within a 2-4 minute walk. There's also a stop for the hop-on-hop-off (City Sightseeing bus) right outside of the hotel. It's also steps away from Company's Gardens, which is beautiful. While the hotel is a few minute walk from Long Street, I'm glad we were removed from the insanity (and tourist trap nature) of Long. So, so much more to see in Cape Town, don't waste your time on Long Street.

Room was spacious and clean, more than enough room for our luggage and complete with a huge desk on which to catch up on emails and write postcards. The bathroom was massive. While the rain shower was amazing, I felt guilty each time I took a shower given Cape Town's water crisis. I appreciate that the hotel removed plugs making the bath tubs not usable, but I'm disappointed that they didn't install low-flow water-saving shower heads. We also appreciated the mini fridge and the fact that the AC got super cold (which we wanted).

The service is average. This was our first time in South Africa, so we were unfamiliar with what to expect in terms of service culture. While the concierges were nice, they weren't able to accomplish most of the requests I made (dinner reservations, finding out about show times, etc). The front desk staff people I dealt with also seemed overly dense with every interaction.

It seems they're still integrating with Marriott, and they didn't seem to recognize or understand benefits that come with certain tiers of Marriott Rewards.

Overall, happy with our stay and recommend considering African Pride 15 for your visit to Cape Town.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

The deluxe suite, as the name suggests, is exactly that. Grand. Spacious, and beautifully appointed. The bathroom has a full bath and an enclosed toilet.

We used the valet parking. It was efficient.

Breakfast was disappointing. So we were seated by the hostess at a table at the very end of the restaurant. It’s not a big restaurant.

We were not offered tea or coffee. Upon asking - it took at least 20mins to arrive. And then too I had to walk back up to the reception table and ask the hostess. The drinks counter was literally next to her.

There wasn’t any milk or sugar on the table, or butter. We requested same - it never came - the guy from the next table heard me complain and offered me his spare one.

We ordered omelettes. The filling was mixed with the egg but added on top of the egg. It tasted terrible. There were no glasses for juice - we asked a few times. We had to keep getting up to go n see if they replaced the empty glass tray. We asked a few waiters and kitchen staff who seemed to just ignore us. Other guests also asked. They put 3 glasses out!

They had a good selection of fruit, yoghurt, breads, pastries, cheese. The hot selection - was terrible. When we met friends later - they also mentioned the wait for coffee and eggs. I heard another guest ask for their order of eggs to be cancelled cos it had taken so long! So it wasn’t just us!

Service was terrible. We did not have breakfast on the second day.

I asked to speak to a manager. Shaun came through and I stated all my issues as above. He was going to get the general manager to call me. I’m waiting on that call.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
NatashaNaid00, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Vanessa N

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel.

We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience and unfortunately we have fallen short of our goal in certain areas during your recent stay, in particular your breakfast experience. Please accept our sincere apology for the services lapses in our restaurant. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Cape Town.

One of our Senior Managers will be in contact with you shortly.

Kind regards,