Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$162
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$84
HIExpress.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

US$197
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$316/night.

The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$220
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$156
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$185
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$98
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$812
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslong streetmarriott chaintable mountaingreat hotelmodern hotelcompany gardensdeluxe suiterain showerrooftop poolrooms are spaciousstar servicekloof streetstar hotelbreakfast buffet isminute driveconcierge deskbusiness trip
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Once again I find myself reviewing another 5 star hotel and once again it has lived up to expectations.

Firstly, I've visited this hotel on a number of occasions but was never really ever keen to stay here. However, in March I flew down to do the two Oceans marathon and wanted something more central Cape Town. So from a locations point of view it's ideally situated nearby many attractions. I spent 4 nights here.

Secondly, it's a beautiful hotel. I can't recall what room option I chose, but it was extremely spacious with its own small lounge. Not too mention the two TV screens and lovely packed mini bar fridge.

Thirdly, the breakfast was beyond compare, lovely setting with great ambience and lighting from outside.

Only negative was probably the vallet/parking fee they charged without disclosing it to me before hand. I, however, do accept responsibility for not having asked. I just assumed that it would have been included. All in all I had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend this hotel. (In actual fact I did recommend it to a friend that stay there a week ago and from what I've heard he really enjoyed his stay as well).

Great value for money. Great hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear 2ndja

Wow, this is really amazing feedback to read! We are happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that you have found our facilities and location to be convenient for your needs.

I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the rest of the TEAM to continue to motivate and inspire them to deliver exceptional customer service.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 20 May 2017

The hotel is well positioned just next to the Company Gardens, where the dutch grew vegetables for ships on their way to Batavia. This is a good place to have meals as there is a popular cafe under the trees in the park. The hotel seems not to have a chef. Instead it appears to bring in food, ready prepared, of the type that you might find in a second-rate english pub. Some of it, we sent back.

The hotel is American with an atrium, elevators and rest-rooms. Internal bedrooms look out onto the atrium , or in our case the elevator shaft. The atrium is pained in blacks and greys with white sails slung across at about the second floor level. This makes it gloomy, Hardly anyone ate in the open retaiurant, perhaps because iot was so gloomy.

The bath is open to the bedroom and the lavatory has a frosted glass wall and door, possibly because the whole place would be too dark with proper walls.

Service was helpful although the front desk always had to be reminded when we had ordered a taxi or asked for the hire car to be brought up. The rooms were comfortable and quiet as not many people seemed to be staying, and we had a huge discount by booking through a travel agent Iglu tours who also got us comfortable seats on the direct BA jumbo from London.

The roof-top swimming pool and deck-chair area are both minute and seemed to be occupied by staff. The outdoor terrace is also small, marred by a large fire escape and has sunshine only early in the day.

Compared to the nearby Mount Nelson, where we could afford only a cup of tea, it is inexpensive but disappointing.

Room Tip: avoid elevator shaft view
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamesensor2017
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear jamesensor2017

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, we appreciate your valuable feedback.We are sorry to hear you didn't like the Modern Design of our hotel and would suggest that if you want a room with enclosed bathroom and outside view to book our Deluxe room.

Your interest and concern are valuable to us, and we hope that you will be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

I had the opportunity to spend 3 days in the hotel. I arrived a bit earlier in the hotel but I had a room almost on the fly. The reception desk was very friendly ( even if not 100% efficient). The room was really great..with a superb bathroom…clean, quiet…it was a superior room with 80 square meters…real value for money. The restaurant is really great..great food and fantastic service… great wine…the place is very modern… design kind of place. The hotel is located on top of long street, you need to take a taxi to go to Waterfront… it costs less than 7 euros…in the evening, it's a bit outside the trendy spots but again, a short taxi ride solves the issues. There is an outdoor pool with a view on table mountain. A parking lot should you come by ( or rent a) car. I would recommend that hotel for its great service , its modern design, its restaurant and its price.

Room Tip: a superior room….
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear mannecker

I am delighted to read the wonderful comments you have posted on TripAdvisor regarding African Pride 15 on Orange hotel.
It was an absolute pleasure to accommodate you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at African Pride 15 on Orange for a combined leisure/business trip end March 2017. I love love love my room. The setting is super nice, and quite romantic actually (just that I stayed alone so couldn't use 100% of the facilities, but loved it).
It's quite center of Cape Town, next to the Company Garden where it's nice relaxing to walk around.
Staff is very polite, helpful and always with big smile. Breakfast is excellent. Finger foods are great.
All in all, I really enjoyed the stay.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Lan Anh N

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your stay experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that we could meet your expectations and thank you for the positive comments given on friendly STAFF, hospitality and the food. We most certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Nice staffs. Breakfast is okay. However, I requested non smoking room but room 527 had strong smell of someone smoked previously. The hotel tried to filter out the smell with an ozone filter but not really helped much.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Dear Gauxtiger

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, we appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cape Town.