Lowest prices for your stay
US$125
Reviews (2 537)
2 537 results
1 805
1 805
All reviews bombay brasserie mint restaurant jiva spa table mountain range rover the club lounge in room dining valet parking excellent hotel company gardens mountain view concierge desk turn down service south africa shuttle service free shuttle bo kaap
Selected filters
23 - 28 of 2 537 reviews
Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

I am still at the Taj as I wrote this review, waiting for my taxi to the airport. My son and I stayed for a single night benefiting, to the hotel's cost, from a Covid-related aggressive price discount. But despite the modest cost, the product was 100% full 5*. Service is the Taj hotel groups mantra and I have really never seen it displayed as well as here. My son asked whether we'd come back 'if it was another special offer' and I volunteered, and meant it, that I'd come back at full price. Excellent hotel. Ubers are everywhere, so the very central location is also a huge bonus although after-dark walks should be avoided.

Trip type: Travelled with family
GM Cape Town, Owner at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great rating of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

Stayed at the Taj for a week in a Suite with Table Mountain view. The package came with breakfast, which was incredible. So much delicious options. We had a nice holiday at the Taj Cape Town, the team was friendly and polite. The view from my suite was amazing, you could see Table Mountain. Cape Town was fun, we did different excursions such as wine tour of stellenbosh wine region, tour of table mountain, tour of the 12 apostle mountain. There is so much to do! Will definitely come back.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

We went through the check in procedure and was then advised our room wasn't ready on arrival. This was after 2pm. We were asked to come back later and on our insistence was told to come back in an hour. On our return Veronique who checked us in totally ignored us. She was busy with other guests and did not have the decency to acknowledge our presence. Even subsequently she never made any eye contact. We were not introduced to the services and amenities that were available A very poor reflection on a 5 star establishment. As for breakfast it was a complete disaster. It appears that the hotel was fully booked and the staff was overwhelmed. .
The concierge service was very good and the rooms were nice, despite the furniture looking a bit tired

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Kindly contact me on gm.capetown@tajhotels.com to discuss.

Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

For a 5 star hotel service is pathetic
At breakfast you have to wait more than 45 minutes for a fried egg

Went out for the day and got back at 17:30 and rooms not cleaned

House keeping Manger not aware rooms not cleaned

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gerishas

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Kindly contact me directly on gm.capetown@tajhotels.com to discuss.

Reviewed 23 March 2021

This was an experience that I would be very happy to repeat! Wonderful location with an international aura that has excellent amenities, such as a superb spa with holistic treatments which make you feel extremely pampered. Delicious food with caring service, the Bombay Brasserie is a restaurant that I could return to again and again for an authentic Indian table with all the aromatic spices and flavours which are so pleasurable.

Date of stay: March 2021