Reviews (2 054)
2 054 results
1 475
1 475
All reviews bombay brasserie mint restaurant jiva spa twankey bar range rover table mountain in room dining excellent hotel company gardens luxurious hotel mountain view upgraded to a suite concierge desk turn down service high tea long street south africa
36 - 41 of 2 054 reviews
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived for breakfast at 9:30 on advice that it closes at 10:30. My husband who arrived before me me was initially told that there was no place within the restaurant. When I arrived a few minutes after and enquired were showed in and to our surprise there were many seats available. The bread station had a sign for ciabatta which was finished and not replenished. On placing or requests for omelettes and asking for chilies which were previously available I was told that she doesn’t think that they would be citing up another lot but that she would ask. The mushrooms were finished. I was I initially told they would replenish and subsequently told that it would be replaced with veggies. This never materialized. On a side note thank you to the awesome Wiseman who was able to secure a little for me. My husband was not so fortunate. There is a card which lists Nutella as an option but on enquiry we were told that there wasn’t any. At least 15 people arrived after us. I have been to other Taj hotels around the world including Taj Vivanta and have had breakfasts which are far superior to the one offered here. Extremely disappointed at the offering and service offering!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ayesha_bayat
TAJ C, Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I stayed at this hotel whilst attending a conference at another hotel in the city. The hotel provided transport to and from the conference venue. The drivers were excellent — true professionals. In fact, the staff at this hotel definitely deserves the highest ratings.

The room was beautiful but, unfortunately, just clean on the surface. For a hotel of this caliber, I expect attention to detail. I noticed a mud stain on the bathroom floor, coasters on the bathroom counter were filthy and cleaning beneath the surface did not seem to take place. My first morning, there was a huge group at breakfast. The area around the different dishes appeared messy and I did not see anybody replacing serving utensils with food clumped on it and used in more than one dish.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Christina A

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

This was our first stay in a Taj hotel and we were really impressed.

The service really is first class and the staff can't do enough yo help you. The reception team, especially Danielle and Peter, are credit to the hotel and they helped us numerous times throughout our stay.

The VIP car service is amazing and is free within 10k so if you miss the hourly shuttle down to the waterfront you can ask for one of the cars to take you. We had Musa for a couple of journeys and he was extremely helpful and friendly.

The food is very good and reasonably priced. There is almost too much choice at breakfast and again, the service is great.

The next time we go away we will be looking for a Taj based on our experience here. It really was pure luxury from start to finish and we didn't want to leave.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
TAJ C, Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This is the perfect location when you are visiting Cape Town.

It has several interesting spots that you can actually walk to or they will arrange a taxi to take you where you want to go.

The entire staff is very attentive and friendly, they welcome you with open arms so you really feel like you are home.

The rooms/suites are beautifully decorated and the beds are so comfortable that you will have no problem falling asleep.

They have welcome amenities waiting for you each night when you return to your room.

You feel very safe and secure when you stay at the Taj Cape Town.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 815lulac
TAJ C, Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Smooth, effortless, efficient, edibly delicious and classic. Location is just perfect. There is a free shuttle for places within 10km. Service was precise and professional. Fruit and flowers in the room. Everything worked, everything was clean and new. Breakfast was superb from sushi to full English breakfast, and everything in between. Excellent selection of in-room teas and coffees too.

Room Tip: I never tried any other rooms, mine was a heritage room with a city view and Qi would recommend it.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo