Reviews (2 020)
2 020 results
1 451
1 451
All reviewsbombay brasseriemint restaurantjiva spatwankey barrange rovertable mountainexcellent hotelin room diningcompany gardensluxurious hotelmountain viewupgraded to a suiteconcierge deskturn down servicehigh tealong streetsouth africa
154 - 159 of 2 020 reviews
Reviewed 14 January 2018

The Taj Cape Town is a beautiful hotel in the heart of central Cape Town. Rooms are spacious - and ours had a great view of the mountains that form Cape Town's spectacular backdrop. Service was great and the foyer bar and breakfast area was excellent. A particular mention to the reception and concierge teams who were always helpful.
Love the Indian restaurant - but will review that separately.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
TAJ C, General Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

We had an initial problem with the room but the way the situation was resolved was absolutely first class. Our room itself had a spectacular view of Table Mountain and the amenities and location of the hotel are spot on. The breakfast is also vast with lots of variety. Special mention to Tyler who went over and beyond to ensure that our stay was comfortable and enjoyable, and to Faaiq on the Concierge desk who was always helpful and courteous. If (when) we return to Cape Town, I would not hesitate to return to the Taj.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samit D

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel is quite good. Lovely and friendly staff. Wine tasting every day from 6 to 7 pm. Very comfortable room with a bathroom to the table mountain. I do recommend and there are many attractions near the hotel too. Congrats to the Taj team and their Bombay Brasserie.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Guilherme P

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We stayed at the Taj for 10 days over New Year on a B & B basis. It is situated in a great location, our room was large, clean and spacious with everything a hotel should have for its guests. Our room had a superb view of Table Mountain. Breakfast was plentiful and nothing was too much trouble; my wife asked for a crepe one day - and the chefs produced one for her. Which was presumably good as she ate it all! We did use room service a couple of times - it was easy to order, we didn't have to wait too long and the food was great. Although there is no outdoor swimming pool, the hotel does have an indoor pool, steam rooms (in each of the male & female changing rooms), gym and a spa. We didn't make use of the spa or gym but we did the pool, which is heated slightly. We were the only ones in there - so it felt like a private pool - I would imagine if there were more than 5 people in it - it would be a bit crowded and difficult to swim. The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly and the concierge services are possibly the best we've experienced. Nothing was too much trouble. The hotel operates a shuttle mini-bus to the waterfront - which we used on a few occasions and we also got some good advice on taxis, prices and safety.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again when in Cape Town.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ken B

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I stayed twice at the Taj Capetown; from Dec. 21 till January 2nd; then from Jan. 5 till 9th. I had a one bedroom suite on both occasions (1109 and 1209 respectively). I loved it. The accommodation was superb; spacious, welcoming, beautiful view of Table mountain and two balconies. The staff were all very courteous and smiling; it was nice when I was greeted by name and genuinely saw the staff welcoming. Room service food was great. Breakfast, which I ordered in my room, always arrived on time and to my satisfaction. I also liked the location of the hotel in a relatively "safe" part of town with Green Market Square, Long street around the corner and the beautiful Dutch Company gardens in front. The only drawbacks I would say is an indoor swimming pool; an outdoor one would be nice in the summer; and erratic internet wifi at best. I would definitely go back to the Taj when next in Capetown and would look to try their other hotels as well.

Room Tip: View of Table Mountain
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Mostafa E

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon.