Taj Cape Town
  • Restaurant
US$267
US$209
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$221
US$206
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$134
Hilton
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$166
  • Pool
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$83
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
  • Bar/Lounge
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$787
US$747
Reviews (1 925)
1 925 results
1 384
1 384
All reviewsbombay brasseriemint restaurantjiva spatwankey barrange rovertable mountainpillow menuexcellent hotelin room diningcompany gardensmountain viewupgraded to a suiteconcierge deskturn down servicehigh tealong streetsouth africa
78 - 83 of 1 925 reviews
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel is quite good. Lovely and friendly staff. Wine tasting every day from 6 to 7 pm. Very comfortable room with a bathroom to the table mountain. I do recommend and there are many attractions near the hotel too. Congrats to the Taj team and their Bombay Brasserie.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Guilherme P
TAJ C, General Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We stayed at the Taj for 10 days over New Year on a B & B basis. It is situated in a great location, our room was large, clean and spacious with everything a hotel should have for its guests. Our room had a superb view of Table Mountain. Breakfast was plentiful and nothing was too much trouble; my wife asked for a crepe one day - and the chefs produced one for her. Which was presumably good as she ate it all! We did use room service a couple of times - it was easy to order, we didn't have to wait too long and the food was great. Although there is no outdoor swimming pool, the hotel does have an indoor pool, steam rooms (in each of the male & female changing rooms), gym and a spa. We didn't make use of the spa or gym but we did the pool, which is heated slightly. We were the only ones in there - so it felt like a private pool - I would imagine if there were more than 5 people in it - it would be a bit crowded and difficult to swim. The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly and the concierge services are possibly the best we've experienced. Nothing was too much trouble. The hotel operates a shuttle mini-bus to the waterfront - which we used on a few occasions and we also got some good advice on taxis, prices and safety.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again when in Cape Town.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ken B

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I stayed twice at the Taj Capetown; from Dec. 21 till January 2nd; then from Jan. 5 till 9th. I had a one bedroom suite on both occasions (1109 and 1209 respectively). I loved it. The accommodation was superb; spacious, welcoming, beautiful view of Table mountain and two balconies. The staff were all very courteous and smiling; it was nice when I was greeted by name and genuinely saw the staff welcoming. Room service food was great. Breakfast, which I ordered in my room, always arrived on time and to my satisfaction. I also liked the location of the hotel in a relatively "safe" part of town with Green Market Square, Long street around the corner and the beautiful Dutch Company gardens in front. The only drawbacks I would say is an indoor swimming pool; an outdoor one would be nice in the summer; and erratic internet wifi at best. I would definitely go back to the Taj when next in Capetown and would look to try their other hotels as well.

Room Tip: View of Table Mountain
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Mostafa E

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Great location just in the center, close to all main tourist attractions, great room with views of the city, perfect service. Breakfast was outstanding. All together a great place to stay in Cape Town.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Jack_Gili
TAJ C, General Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I spent 15 nights at the Taj Cape Town Property during my Christmas holidays and had a delightful stay - rooms were clean, staff exemplary, and food very good. But upon leaving the property with my Taj Inner Circle membership number firmly attached to the final bill of thousands of Hong Kong dollars, I have been told that the Taj loyalty club that I am not entitled to earning 15 days worth of points (Silver status) because I booked the reservation online with a well established company and not directly through Taj. Shame, Shame!! Every airline honours their membership points no matter where one books, and every hotel I stay in does the same. Is Taj that cheap? To not honour monies spent at their establishment?? Ridiculous and really insulting. Sorry Taj Cape Town, I shall not return to your hotel even though the stay was a great one. I shall spend my hard earned money elsewhere where my loyalty is appreciated. Perhaps someone might re-look at this absurd policy...

Room Tip: Higher floors give you views of city/water. Water restrictions are severe.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Meg J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. While I really wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. I have shared your feedback with our team and would like to assure you that your concerns are currently being addressed. In case there is anything further I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.