Taj Cape Town
  • Restaurant
US$218
US$210
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$131
Hilton
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$146
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$276
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$144
US$63
  • Restaurant
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$754
  • Breakfast included
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Reviews (1 924)
1 924 results
1 383
1 383
All reviewsbombay brasseriemint restaurantjiva spatwankey barrange rovertable mountainpillow menuexcellent hotelin room diningcompany gardensmountain viewupgraded to a suiteconcierge deskturn down servicehigh tealong streetsouth africa
87 - 92 of 1 924 reviews
Reviewed 26 December 2017

What a luxurious property, what a service! We stayed at this property many times but this last time enjoyed a room with the view on the table mountain. It was a true delight to wake up every morning with the view on the table. Rooms are spacious, and extra comfortable. The bathroom - luxurious and I especially love the bathroom products. Love the breakfast at the hotel too - and tried the afternoon tea this time and it was fantastic as well. Overall, a wonderful quaint hotel with fantastic service. The only downside for me is the spa/gym area which are a little bit on the small side. Otherwise, looking forward to our next stay already.

Room Tip: with the view on the table mountain
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CemileH_2018
TAJ C, General Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Before i get to the formal review. Let me place in order of priority the best part of my stay at the Taj.

A hearty thank you to the unsung heroes at the Taj that make my stay nothing short of magical.

Firstly to Mr Sood. U run a hotel that makes my stay better than the last. At the helm to cater for the individual needs of your guests and yet on a larger scale running the colossal Taj with such efficiency is a mark of excellence.

To Willem the Rooms manager a big thank you for remembering and checking in. To Jeanine from Taste by Taj. Thank you for listening and accomodating me. Thank you for setting into motion my dream holiday. I pray u become a permanent member of the Taj Team. To Gaadija Saal, thank you for accomodating my changes in room category and dates.

To Heinz , Terrence and Audolphis our 3 butlers , a big thank you for taking such great care of us.

To Athi at Food and beverage , you made our last evening truly magical. Thank you. And to the Head of food and beverage that popped in thank you.

To the doormen and valet attendants i salute you. U make our daily transitions a breeze.

And lastly my holiday:

Whenever i come home to Taj there is an air of familiarity and nostalgia that envelops me. It feels familiar like meeting an old friend but on a grand scale.

This last stay was nothing short of excellent. Rooms , food and general service is excellent. Staff are exceptiinally friendly and courteous. And as stated before my stay was nothing short of magical.

Taj, u create experiences that will forever remain in the memory of your guests and for me those memories are filled with the warm nostalgia of being home and yet also taken on a magical ride.

Thank you all at Taj. Merry Xams.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Hassanhamid

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

If it's your first visit as a tourist to Capetown, this is the place to stay. It's very well located. The hotel organises daily walks ( complimentary) to visits tourist spots around.
As far as visiting other areas like table top, camps bay, water front, you can use the free transport provided by the hotel. ( the city has Uber too)
Rest service remains top notch and rooms are great too.. 5 Stars!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arjun01B

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

So earlier this year we stayed at the Taj Cape Town and had a not so pleasant experience. So when my husband insisted we return for our December vacation I was highly reluctant. However I eat humble pie and confide that the hotel outdid itself and was simply an amazing experience. The staff (seems like a new lot of staff) were professional courteous and paid attention to the smallest of details. Every need was anticipated and met. We ended out last night with a private dining event which was literally mind blowing and had my guests astounded. Thank you to ATHI MBEMBA who went out of his way to ensure the evening was a huge success. Heinz our Butler was exemplary in the service he rendered...no demand was too big or small and he endeared with his charming nature. Wilhelm the Rooms Director surprised me by remembering us from our past visit and checking in on us. Janine from Taste by Taj, Terrence and Adolphilus the Jnr butler's to all the amazing waitresses at managers at The Mint restaraunt who ensured we were well catered for....
All I can say is that I'm really wrong and it's very hard to change my mind once I've formed a negative impression of a place or person...well the Taj certainly changed my mind and made this one of the best holidays that I went on this year.
Please keep up the good job and maintain the standard. The only disappointment was the change of the High Tea from buffet to al la carte menu...it was not as satisfying as the old High Tea
All in all gold star to Taj Cape Town

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shai23

Reviewed 23 December 2017

I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks on holiday. The standard of the hotel is very high, however, there were some small things that should not happen at a 5 star hotel.

Good bits:

1. Great location right in the centre of the city

2. Nice rooms - I could not fault the standard of the rooms

3. Overall friendly and helpful staff but could be improved (see comments below)

Bad bits:

1. You have to pay for your full stay UP FRONT in full when you check in. I have never seen this at any other hotel in the world.

2. I was charged for use of the mini bar when I didn't even know there was a mini bar in the room, let alone used anything in the mini bar (the hotel did remove the charge when I queried the charge but this should not have happened in the first place).

3. I was charged a deposit fee for an audio cable without checking with me first. Again, I had to query this charge before it was removed. This is NOT acceptable.

4. The staff at the Mint restaurant, whilst mostly were very helpful, did on many occasions forget to bring my drinks order which meant that I had to constantly ask them again and again.

5. The internet stopped working in the hotel completely with no information to guests (I only found out after calling to ask whether there was a problem, but this was after an hour trying to connect my devices to the internet which was a waste of time). You expect the internet to work in a 5 star hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

While I really wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

I have shared your feedback with our team and would like to assure you that your concerns have certainly been addressed. In case there is anything further I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.