Taj Cape Town
  • Restaurant
US$264
US$214
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$204
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$132
Hilton
  • Pool
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$146
US$64
  • Restaurant
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$120
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$779
US$742
  • Breakfast included
Reviews (1 925)
1 925 results
1 384
1 384
All reviewsbombay brasseriemint restaurantjiva spatwankey barrange rovertable mountainpillow menuexcellent hotelin room diningcompany gardensmountain viewupgraded to a suiteconcierge deskturn down servicehigh tealong streetsouth africa
908 - 913 of 1 925 reviews
Reviewed 9 March 2015

I was lucky enough to be invited to dinner at the Taj and what an experience. The service was impeccable with amazing attention to detail.i ordered a wine which the waiter informed me was out of stock but a few Tminutes later appeared with a bottle which he had obtained for another nearby restaurant to avoid disappointment, what service! The food was superb and indian cuisine at its best with a mix of delicate and fragrant starters to full on curries but always done with style. Not your average curry house with prices to match.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank David G
MIPCapeTown, General Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2015

Dear David
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We will certainly convey them to the food and beverage team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

We went for the spa treatment and the high tea and it was absolutely marvelous. The spa is clean, smells terrific and super relaxing with the nicest beauticians. The high tea dessert table was an absolute blast. This hotel is a definite must for anyone.

Stayed: March 2015
MIPCapeTown, General Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very for your positive comment and taking the time to share this with all. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2015 via mobile

Spent 4 nights during heated State of the Nations week. Being at Taj was a great plus not only in terms of convenience but also because a number of personalities could be seen there. Room and facilities are top quality and definitely to my taste. Breakfast very enjoyable. Some confusion occured when checking out. Some colleagues got card debited twice; others did not get proper receipt. Apart from that, glad we stayed there.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
MIPCapeTown, General Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2015

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We have noted the comment pertaining to the double charge on the credit cards which is of huge concern. My audit team have been asked to review the incident.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

I stayed at The Taj in Cape Town for 2 nights and 3 days earlier this month. I was expecting the service I have experienced else where with this Group. Don't expect that! I had more than a few issues -

1) brunch - I had brunch at the Mint restaurant on 2 days. Both days the service was terrible. No one asked me if I wanted to be seated. I stood around for a few minutes until I approached a hostess. Even after that, on one occasion I was kept waiting for another 10 minutes. I had to ask for coffee at least 3-4 times, didn't get a menu, no water, and was pretty much ignored.

2) concierge - the service is meant to assist you with tours and other touristy stuff. One staff member in particular spoke to me the entire time like she was doing me a favor. You pay a higher price for rooms at the Taj as it includes the cost of some of these add ons.

3) other - this incident was highly unacceptable. Total breach of security. I took a cab from the waterfront area to the hotel after dinner. The cab driver total took me for a ride and charged me extra. I told him that he had started his meter from ZAR 10 instead of ZAR 0 and had driven back a longer route to the hotel. I had my GPS on. I refused to pay him the extra ZAR 15. i walked into the hotel after paying him ZAR 50. The security let him walk inside..follow me to the bar where he proceeded to get into a big argument with me, heckled me, and tried to throw the money back at me. The whole time the staff was just watching this. Finally the manager comes out after I paid the extra ZARs cause it had gotten out of control and the driver had stepped out. The manager promised he would personally handle it as it was the hotel's preferred cab service provider. I heard absolutely nothing from him. He even saw me leaving the following day and totally ignored me.

I will not return to this hotel again. Major disappointment. If your are traveling alone as a single woman completely avoid the place!!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank NDBOM
Reviewed 6 March 2015

• Check-in was a pleasure! The lady that worked at reception and that checked us in showed us around and took us to our room. She is very well trained and the definitely the right person for the job!
• The room was fantastic and the view stunning!
• Dinner at Bombay Brasserie was a delight! The food was very good and for someone that is not so keen on too spicy food, I can really testify that he food is just right and very tasteful! I can really commend the waiter that served us. He done an excellent job.
• Breakfast was also very good; some of the best I’ve experienced. The Sushi for breakfast was a highlight!
• “Check-out” and the overall service by all the staff & porters were very good.
• There was 1 little hiccup, but the Manager/ Supervisor at the Mint rectified it for us – which testify of The Taj’s service excellence and commitment to customer satisfaction...

Room Tip: Choose the Luxury Mountain Facing (King)
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Hennie
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We will certainly convey this message to our entire team
We hope it will not be too long before we welcome you back to Taj Cape Town.