“"Everything is possible"”

Table Mountain Walks
Ranked #3 of 331 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Owner description: Table Mountain was recently adjudged one of the World's 7 Wonders of Nature. If you would like to be guided up Table Mountain, we can offer you a tour along several routes. The tour experience is all-inclusive, i.e. it includes a lunch, refreshments and return cableway ticket (or a walk down another route). Contact us to make a booking.
Asia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Everything is possible"”
Reviewed 18 March 2017

My friend and I hiked up to Table Mountain. We were advice not to do so on our own, as we were two woman claiming. However the walk was a good work out. There were lost of people claiming up and down on the hiking trail of Table Mountain. But the million dollar view is when you reach the top. No words can describe the view. I must do for all traveling and living in South Africa

Visited April 2016

• Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
“Absolute must do”
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Margaret was a fantastic host. Picked me up at exactly the allotted time (06:30a.m.!) directly from my hotel and having provided us with enough water, we set off up Plattekip Gorge. We ascended quickly, adjusting her speed to accommodate the small party. She was polite, knowledgable, fun and an all around great host. This was a superb way to spend a morning and I was back in time to get a lovely late breakfast at the hotel! What a brilliant use of time. A bit of aerobic, magnificent views and good company. A MUST DO.

Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Three Days of Incredible Hiking”
Reviewed 8 March 2017

I have just come back from Cape Town and enjoyed 3 days of incredible hiking with Pietro of Table Mountain Walks. On the second day we did a 7 hour hike from the Nec of Constantia up to the summit of Table Mountain. Pietro know this amazing national park like the 'back of his hand' which allows for some great walks on routes you could never think of doing without such an experience guide. Margaret and Pietro run a really first class guiding business and in my view this experience is a must for any relatively fit person visiting Cape Town.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Greeat fun, great hike and great company”
Reviewed 8 March 2017

We got up early and hike to the top via Platteklip Gorge with Pietro. It was an amazing experience with a very nice chap. The views are fantastic and Pietro is very knowledgeable. I would recommend this company and guide to anyone.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great few days with Table Mountain Walks”
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Walking up Table Mountain, and down again if you are so inclined, is both a great pleasures and a memorable experience. Unless experienced with this mountain it’s best to go with a guide, and you will find no better than with Table Mountain Walks. I’ve been hiking with them over the last five years and they have consistently been excellent. This was confirmed (again) last week when I did three separate walks with Pietro, who - like Margaret - knows almost every aspect of this mountain whatever the conditions or time of year. As I had done most of the regular routes up and down, which were all very satisfying, this time I picked a day’s walk up India Venster and then across and down through the Twelve Apostles. I had always wanted to walk India Venster, and I personally found it on a par with the scramble up Lion’s Head, though obviously longer. Then on the second outing we walked up Devil’s Peak, an iconic part of the Cape Town backdrop but one rarely visited. That too was great, thanks to Pietro’s calm advice, clear route guidance, and courteous and cheerful chat all the way. What a good one to nail! Finally, we walked a long one, from Constantia Nek to Maclear’s Beacon, and back via Spielhaus Gorge. That too was a marvelous day out on the mountain. There is no doubt that each of these routes is a challenge for a visitor, even potentially dangerous. Yet with Pietro’s support they were transformed into an utterly brilliant experience. Thank you Pietro, and Margaret, and Table Mountain Walks.