“Excellent walk with Lynette”

Table Mountain Walks
Ranked #3 of 334 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Table Mountain was recently adjudged one of the World's 7 Wonders of Nature. If you would like to be guided up Table Mountain, we can offer you a scenic hike along several routes. The tour experience is all-inclusive, i.e. it includes refreshments and transfers. Contact us to make a booking.
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Had a fantastic experience walking the Kastelspoort path. We were picked up nice and early which was good as the 2nd part of the walk was in direct sun which made it harder as was a very hot day. Walk took a little over 4 hours. I was very nervous about walk as although reasonably fit only walk in south England most of the time and am approaching retirement age. Lynette was encouraging all the way and helped me find a route to scramble over rocks etc. Fantastic views and could highly recommend Table Mountain Walks

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We took the Kastelspoort path up Table Mountain with Pietro. Firstly organising the walk was easy and the communication was clear throughout, including on the day itself.

We started the walk at 6.30 in the morning to avoid the heat, on the day we climbed it got up to 33 degrees. The route is hard work and you need to be fairly fit to do it, especially if you go during the summer months. In total it took just under 4 hours to complete.

The walk itself was stunning, great views throughout and Pietro was great company. His knowledge of the area was in-depth, he knew where to step and kept it at a pace which suited my partner and I. He also noted my partner was struggling a little in the heat, so ensured we took regular breaks in the shade. He really added to the experience. He can also take great photos and help out with an unbelievable spot to get engaged at ;)

I think a guided tour is well worth the money, especially if you don't want to take the main route up from the front. I would highly recommend booking through Table Mountain Walks.

Joe and Ally

Reviewed 21 February 2017

My 3 friends and I did a sunrise hike up Lion's Head with Stephanie. Everything went smoothly. We met at the designated location and time. Not only was she very friendly, but she was very knowledgeable about the plant life we encountered on our way up. We always felt very safe with her. She would warn us ahead of time if there was a steep drop off. Also, she lets you know the safest way up and down the challenging parts of the hike (hand and foot placement, etc). We detoured to Wally's Cave and she was nice enough to take a few group shots of us (see the pic below or on instagram @lydi27)! Our friends had run low on water halfway through the hike, but thankfully Stephanie had brought extra! Another thing to add is that the price for a group guided hike is very reasonable compared to other companies! I highly recommend this company and especially, Stephanie. Thank you for the great experience!

1  Thank LPM888
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I highly recommend Table Mountain Walks to make the most of a hike up Table Mountain. Our lovely guide Lynette was informative and encouraging. Our time in Cape Town was limited so having a guide that picked us up at our hotel, knew exactly where to go and was knowledgable was a huge plus.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

If you're visiting Cape Town you really should take the cable way to the top of table mountain. A series a easy paths criss-cross the top of Table Mountain. They are all clearly marked with estimated walking time. You shouldn't require any special footwear - perhaps avoid heels. The views are spectacular and are accessible from any part of the mountain. The facilities are of good standard. The cafe offers a broad selection of food and drink catering for all tastes including cold beer. Beware of the weather as it can change quickly, but if you plan ahead and check the forecast this shouldn't be a problem. The whole trip can be as long or as short as you want as the cable cars run every 5 minutes.