“An Amazing Experience Highly Recommended”

Table Mountain Walks
Ranked #4 of 332 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Table Mountain was recently adjudged one of the World's 7 Wonders of Nature. If you would like to be guided up Table Mountain, we can offer you a scenic hike along several routes. The tour experience is all-inclusive, i.e. it includes refreshments and transfers. Contact us to make a booking.
Reviewed 12 September 2014

I have been coming to South Africa two or three times a year for many years now and I will always try and find time to hike with Table Mountain Walks. The overall experience of hiking Table Mountain is something everyone should try and do in their lifetime it is simply amazing. I always hike with Table Mountain Walks both Margaret and Pietro know the walks and nature so well I can't recommend them highly enough. As long as you have a reasonable level of fitness the hike to the top is perfectly achievable and I have been with groups including people in their late 60s and even early 70s. This is a must do experience in Cape Town and there is no one better to go with than Table Mountain Walks

There are newer reviews for Table Mountain Walks

Reviewed 7 September 2014

As a small family unit we were initially going to walk alone, we had come to Cape Town to do this walk after my wife had completed the four peaks challenge in the UK. Family convinced us to get a guide. On very short notice, recommended by our hotel, Table Mountain Walks guided us up the iconic mountain. With varying capabilities, our guide Pietro ensured we all enjoyed the experience. Pietro was knowledgable and friendly, we did not feel anxious that our young child would annoy the rest of the childless group. We definitely recommend their services and will use them again.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

After sending the initial email requesting information and advice,I received a prompt reply and a great deal of information about the walks available, and equipment and preparation required.Good communication continued once i arrived in Cape Town, and indeed as follow up when I had returned home
Pietro was an excellent guide, well informed and well prepared for the hike.He collected and returned me to my hotel, and was great company on the walk.As the Cable car was closed for annual maintenance he had to both up and down with me !Weather was not great on the day,overcast with low cloud, and I was given the option to cancel the walk, which I think was quite important, but I was determined to go ahead as my time in Cape Town was limited. I was so glad I did it. I would have no hesitation in recommending Table Mountain Walks to others.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

I initially intended to hike Table Mountain on my own and do my own thing but a friend convinced me to get a guide. After contacting a few different providers Table Mountain Walks had the best response and best customer service and managed to accommodate me at short notice. I was most impressed with the knowledge and experience of the guide and the demographic of our little group (3 young fit people so we were not slowed down waiting for others less able). I would definitely recommend these guys and use them again when I next pass through Cape Town. I am very glad to have used them as I don't think I would have enjoyed my hike on Table Mountain as much on my own. Thanks Margaret and Pietro for the memorable experience.

2  Thank Anna K
Reviewed 26 August 2014

An excellent 5 hours, led by a friendly guide who went at a leisurely pace up through Skeleton Gorge across the Table and then to the cable car.

In an ideal world, I would have liked the pace across the top of the mountain to be a little higher, as our group was pretty young and fit. I also would have liked a little more detail on the flora and fauna on the top of the table, as we walked through it but little comment was made.

The gorge is the most interesting and challenging part of the walk - a good two hours almost straight uphill, from steps to ladders to 'climbing' up a waterfall. Very enjoyable