“Table Mountain Hike with Margaret Curran and Pietro Villa”

Table Mountain Walks
Ranked #3 of 334 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Table Mountain was recently adjudged one of the World's 7 Wonders of Nature. If you would like to be guided up Table Mountain, we can offer you a scenic hike along several routes. The tour experience is all-inclusive, i.e. it includes refreshments and transfers. Contact us to make a booking.
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Walking up to the top of Table Mountain is surely one of the greatest pleasures in life. But if you don't know the mountain, then I suggest you take a guide - and there are no better guides around than Margaret and Pietro. I was scheduled to do two walks with Margaret at the end of January 2014, but as she was temporarily out of the country I ended up walking with Pietro. He proved to be a superb guide, charming and courteous, with a great knowledge of the mountain and the many routes up it. On the first walk, we went up Cecilia Ridge to Maclear's Beacon - a tough walk in the mid-summer sun, and then came down via Nursery Ravine. Overall it was a superb hike, and it made for a very memorable and satisfying day. As I have already walked Skeleton, Platteklip and Kasteelspoort with Margaret (in 2012 and 2013), I chose to go up Lion's Head for my second walk with Pietro. This was a lovely route, some scrambling here and there but otherwise fine. And the views throughout are superb. Pietro was attentive at all times, and was such a good companion - as indeed Margaret is. If you are thinking of walking up (and down) Table Mountain, please do so, as it is such a memorable thing to do. And if you choose Margaret or Pietro you will be assured of walking with the very best.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Sadly my children could not join me on the mountain on our last day in CT before flying home in the evening, so I had the pleasure of Margaret's company to myself, which meant that we had no interruptions to my many questions and the informed answers. It was a hot day at 35C and no shade but it was a very easy pace and the surprise for me was how rugged the north side of the hill was compared to the plateau which is the familiar view from the south. I was also surprised how dense the vegetation was and by the incredible amount of work that has been done to create and manage the many paths. So it was a delightful walk and a pleasure to learn about the history and biology. The rest of the family missed a memorable day and I made a mental note to take the diagonal path up the main cliff face next time - I do miss those Cuillins!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We wanted a scenic hike up Table Mountain,not the usual route,with an informative guide.Margaret made our hike a superb one.We did the Kasteelport walk,starting at CampsBay,via Valley of the Red God.fantastic Atlantic Ocean views,amazing flowers,and Margaret had so much good info.And not a crowded hike.So good at the top.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I hiked up Table Mountain with Margaret in November and had a great trip. I did a half day walk up Skeleton Gorge. Margaret was well organized and prepared both in making plans and on the walk. She was knowledgeable and helpful, and managed a group of people who climbed at different paces very well. Overall it was a great experience, and I would definitely recommend Margaret as a guide.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

A group of four of us all women (age 30-60) arranged to hike the Platteklip Gorge with Margaret. She was truly the most interesting and knowledge guide. She paced the hike absolutely perfect for all of us in the group, who varied in age/fitness level etc. Her expertise of the native plants and vegetation insight along the trail was an added bonus! Plus she brought along great snacks :) Margaret was very professional and super friendly. She truly is the one and only guide you want to navigate hikes in Cape Town!