Ikhaya Lodge
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$128
  • Breakfast included
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$304
US$241
Agoda.com
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$177
US$156
The Westin Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$213
US$184
Westin.com
US$280
  • Pool
Cape Town Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$86
US$46
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cape Town Hollow(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$118
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$90
  • Bar/Lounge
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$517
US$462
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$80
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsafrican decorcompany gardensnational galleryquiet areaconference roomtable mountaincity sightseeingcompany's gardensmall hotelwater shortagehop on hop off bus stopsafe parkinglong streethot breakfastwalking distanceperfect locationenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Nice neighborhood, nice rooms, a good value. The hotel is located on a square that has several restaurants and a jolly evening crowd. Breakfast includes eggs made to order and other South African standards. If the price is right, it is a nice choice. My favorite memory is of the front desk people offering lots of ideas on how best to get a gift home.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the square may be quieter, my friend moved across the hall to reduce noise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Guestrelations58, General Manager at Ikhaya Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Compliments of the season. We hope you're having a safe and enjoyable holiday season. Thank you very much for your review. We're delighted that you enjoyed breakfast and our unique location that not only offers stunning views of Table Mountain, but also quaint Dunkley Square and its lively vibe. We hope that your gifts arrived home safely. It's always such a delight to pass on those treasures to love ones.

We hope that if you return to Cape Town, you will find that our price is still right and that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

iKhaya Lodge has been on our radar because we love the location. Having to attend a 1 night function in Cape Town gave us the perfect excuse to book a room. On booking we requested a very quiet room. On checkin, we noticed that some painting and renovations were taking place, but thought nothing of it. We then tried to rest up, but painters clambered over our roof and shouted instructions to each other the entire afternoon. A ladder was placed right in front of our window to access the roof and workmen stood on a small landing staring in. A discussion with the gentleman at the front deck proved totally fruitless. We did have a good nights rest, but were abruptly woken the next morning by the very same ladder being erected in front of our window, accompanied by the same loud talking. Giving up on sleep, we dressed for breakfast, which was another disappointment. We understand hotels need to do maintenance, but should have been accommodated in a part of the lodge where this was not happening. Sadly our hunt for reasonable, yet great accommodation in Cape Town continues...

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank SandradeWitt

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are very sorry that you were inconvenienced during out recent renovations. Every effort had been taken to brief the the building team on discretion and noise levels, and we apologize that this was not adhered to in a way that guarded against such occurrences.

We would humbly request that you consider another visit to us should you return to Cape Town.With the renovations now complete, we trust that you will enjoy another stay with us as has been the case with many of our valued guests.

In the meantime, we wish you a lovely holiday season and the very best for the coming New Year.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I felt warmly welcomed from the time I first set foot in Ikhaya Lodge, which is located in charming Dunkley Square, with a stunning view of Table Mountain. The Lodge is easily accessible from all the major sightseeing spots (I walked most everywhere), and conveniently across from three small restaurants, each with tasty fare.

The on-site team was friendly, super-helpful with my requests for information, and treated the other guests with a similar generous hospitality and courtesy. If you're fortunate to get recommendations from Ruth, follow her instructions for a wonderful experience!

True to its name and setting, the Lodge is thoughtfully appointed with African decor. My room was small and comfortable, with French doors leading to a balcony sitting porch. The room was equipped with basic amenities (extra blankets and pillows, kettle, safe, small fridge, iron) - all practical, nothing fancy or suited just to impress. Having arrived on a chilly day, I was afraid that the room would be too cold, but that was never the case. I was quite comfortable.

I really enjoyed my stay there and happy to wholeheartedly recommend Ikhaya Lodge as a "budget-friendly boutique" hotel. I'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. Wow! What lovely feedback. We so enjoy having people stay with us and enjoy adding value to their visit to Cape Town. Your feedback is a great ad for iKhaya - thank you :-)! - and we would love to have you return. Please let us know when you do, so we can delight in welcoming you again!

Until then, we hope you're having a lovely holiday season and wish you everything of the best for the coming New Year!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We had an extraordinary experience during our week stay. Ruth was amazing. She really made us feel at home - so caring, so wanting to help us have a special experience. Wanting to get to really know who we are. I had to do 2 long international business conference calls from the hotel. She went out of her way to make sure I would be connected from the hotel, offered her conference room to help me. Ida, and the rest of the staff took particular interest in who we are and what we wanted to do. My wonderful wife is a 5-star hotel Diva - very particular about where she stays. 2 weeks afterwards ... she is still raving about her experience. The hotel sits on a square in a quiet neighborhood. But close, walking distance to many local sites. We felt very safe. There are a few places close to hotel to eat breakfast. lunch and dinner. The breakfast was good and of value -- with very good service. The rooms are very nice. Not luxurious ..but very comfortable. The internet was good for a small hotel. In summary, if you like a place where everybody knows your name and they make you feel very special ... iKhaya is a place you have to stay. When we return back to Cape Town ... we will stay here again. Thank you Ruth for all you did for us ... making us feel like we were at home and getting us know us.

Room Tip: Look out over the Square.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear GolfGuy777,

We're doing a little "We like to move it, move it!" dance! Thank you so much for your feed back. We do so love to meet the people who walk through our doors and make them feel at home. Thank you for your special mentions of how we made your stay even better and for the descriptions of iKhaya and our beautiful Dunkley Square. It's an added delight to hear that we are highly rates by a Five Star Hotel Diva - wonderful!

We hope that you will stay with us again and when you do, please let us know so we can do a little 'we like to move it, move it' dance for you!!

All the best for the holidays and for an awesome 2018!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I cannot express how grateful I am to iKhaya Lodge for such a wonderful stay in Cape Town. They were extremely attentive, helpful and considerate. I became very ill on my last few days on my trip and the staff went out of their way to bring my hot drinks in bed, check up on me and allowed me to stay in the room after check out time. I felt so at ease and comfortable I would like to sincerely thank Ikhaya Lodge for making my Cape Town trip so enjoyable and relaxing.

Room Tip: There is a bar across the road that gets a little noisy on Friday and Saturday night but it doesn't go on past midnight.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Guestrelations58, General Manager at Ikhaya Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Mosa,

Thank you so much for reviewing us. It's really good to know that you are well enough again and we hope that you got better very quickly. It was a pleasure to ease your discomfort in anyway we could. We hope that you will get the opportunity to return to Cape Town and discover even more of her beauty and that we'll have the pleasure of giving you a soft landing once again.

Ruth, Idah and the Team