“Coolest restaurant I have visited”
Review of Gold Restaurant

Gold Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 1 257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$0 - US$34
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tuck in to a 14-dish set tasting menu inspired by dishes from all over the African continent. Learn to play the djembe drums with one of our patient, friendly facilitators. Enjoy live African entertainment with stories told through music and dance.
Reviewed 15 February 2018

I love the traveling performers, drummers, singers and dancers. The 14 course menu was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed tasting foods from different parts of Africa. I was here as part of a tour with a large tour group. The staff was very courteous and amiable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 555)

108 - 112 of 1 556 reviews

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Very delicious food, friendly catering
Amazing show with the drums and singing, atmosphere was a supreme bliss!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

A must place to eat and experience the African food, dance and music. The food was great. You get to taste many different types of foods from various areas of Africa. The service was superb. The entertainment was very special.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I'm originally from Cape Town and was travelling there with my husband and adult children. I wanted to introduce them to "Africa" on our first night there and Gold was just the place to do it. The drumming lesson was such fun (we laughed hysterically at each other) and the whole entertainment of the evening with the dancing and audience interaction was truly great. The food is interesting....not to say it's bad but I think it could be a bit more tasty. With that said I still highly recommend a visit to Gold.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We enjoyed our evening, the dancing was entertaining and the service was very good. the menu is a little misleading as several of the 14 courses are served together. The food was good without being outstanding but because of the overall experience it was one of the most memorable meals of our trip.