“HAPPY, Friendly Staff”

Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: African, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open from 06:45 till late Mon to Fri and 08:00 till late Sat & Sun, open every day.
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I have to commend the entire team at Arnold's restaurant for their great service! What a lovely surprise to be served by happy, smiling staff and management. Great atmosphere, fast, friendly service and all at very reasonable prices. Will definitely be back for more. Thank you Arnold's

There are newer reviews for Arnold's Restaurant

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We liked the atmosphere. The waitron was very friendly and we were very impressed with the way that the manager handled our queries but the food was such a disappointment.

When the calamari came it looked like a starter, which we told the manager. He then offered to bring more. In the meanwhile the person started eating and it tasted like fish and had a 'off' taste. A few of us tasted it and agreed. The manager apologised. He tasted it and agreed that it was not tasting good. He offered a 2nd batch which tasted much better. The colour was also different from the first portion. Kindly the manager deducted this from the bill.
It took me a while to decide what I wanted to order - pork medallions. I was then informed they were out of stock. I then ordered the fillitte, which was tough and did not taste like a fillette.. I thought that I made a mistake and that it was maybe not fillitte. Checked on the menu - it was suppose to be. At this stage I did not want to complain because we were already unhappy about many things.
Another lady ordered a salad that was also very disappointing. The 2 people that ordered the kingklip were very happy with their choice.
We felt sorry for the manager and he tried his best to make us happy but Arnolds will not see us again.

1  Thank abcdeville
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The excellent speed of service compelled me to write a positive review.

My waitress had a smile on her face. I actually want to tip her well (which is not always the case in Cape Town).

She came to check on me a little while after I ordered (rare in Cape Town too) which is great because I needed to ask for the wifi password.

Can't fault the service.

Don't know how they were so fast, because breakfast was fresh and warm and perfectly cooked.

Might just become my morning routine. Will definitely be returning.

1  Thank dnk8n
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous, cozy little bistro. Good for breakfast on a cold winters morning. Excellent coffee and good service.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Food was average. We had breakfast here. Service was good. Views were spectacular of the table mtn in the background (outdoor seating). Has indoor and outdoor seating.