“Excellent food in a very popular street”

Arnold's Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: African, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open from 06:45 till late Mon to Fri and 08:00 till late Sat & Sun, open every day.
Reviewed 1 January 2017

We visited Arnold's Restaurant on a Friday night when it was a pleasant evening and most patrons sat outside. We sat inside next to the window with the main door open behind me and the side door closed. This was very pleasant until the manager opened the side door permanently and switched on the air-conditioning in the then empty interior of the restaurant. We found ourselves sitting in a freezing wind tunnel but fortunately, the manager switched off the aircon when asked.

The food was as excellent as it was when the late Arnold was alive. Both my wife's fillet steak and my grilled kudu loin were superb. (The manager was also very accommodating in that he both allowed me to chnage my previous order of warthog ribs and doing the kudu as medium instead of medium rare.)

Worth the parking hassles in finding a space near Kloof Street..

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Me and my husband came here for dinner , I had soup of the day which was red lentil with a very nice twist of pesto , it was great, for the mains my husband got the famous kudo which is served with potatos and cranberry sauce & I ordered the funky salad!
For desserts we ordered one bar cheesecake and apple crumble , we wanted to get the mini creme brûlée but sadly it was sold out.

Food was great! And our waiter Emaanuelle was very friendly and sweet!

Would highly recommend this place to tourists!

Reviewed 20 December 2016

This was my first visit to Arnold's but was looking for a place with great choices to offer my overseas guests. I wanted something better than what Long Street had to offer. I wasn't disappointed. The menu covers all the things tourists love to sample when visiting SA.

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

This restaurant have the best food in Cape Town and South African republic. Than you guys for nice dinner. See you again

1  Thank rentacarinmontenegro
Reviewed 14 December 2016

My first time in Cape Town so was keen to seek out a nice restaurant. Had a really enjoyable experience and look forward to my next visit!