“Perfect!”

Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: African, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open from 06:45 till late Mon to Fri and 08:00 till late Sat & Sun, open every day.
Reviewed 12 July 2015

We found it per incidence when we walked around a bit and gave it a try. It was a perfect try. The game was perfect - tender and juicy. I loved the gravy which accompanied it. The service was excellent - before we could ask for something it was offered to us. We went back the next day to try the cakes because they looked so delicious. It is in general very hard to find German cheesecake outside of Europe. You find it in Arnold's. This restaurant is definitively worth a try and is on my list for the next stay in Cape Town.

4  Thank AlexandraFromKigali

Reviewed 11 July 2015

Arnold's was the first restaurant I went to when getting to Cape Town. It was very good. I ordered the Game Platter, which had kudu, crocodile, ostrich, and warthog. Great stuff and great way to start my South Africa trip.

3  Thank mackprioleau
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I have not visited Arnolds for a while as I reside in the UK,I popped in for breakfast as I was staying at the Mount Nelson across the road....greeted with a smile upon my arrival,the service was spot on and the food.....perfect.Highly recommended ,can't wait for my next trip to Cape Town.
Thanks guys.

5  Thank Shocked F
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Lets get the problems out of the way first, parking is a nightmare especially on a Friday evening better to park centrally then walk or take a taxi. The toilets are hopelessly in adequate especially when the after work drinks crowd are in only one male and female toilet, and so redecoration would not hurt. On the plus side the service cannot be faulted, and the food is very good (could be hotter in my opinion). A wide range of game and other exotic meats well prepared and very competitive pricing. Overall an enjoyable experience was had by all.

1  Thank Eddie G
Reviewed 6 July 2015

We (a big group of friends) went to Arnold's for breakfast on Sunday. The service was good, the food was hot and mostly came out at the same time. A nice place to enjoy a friendly vibe.

1  Thank Selwyn H