“Great views, excellent seafood”

Blowfish Restaurant
Ranked #229 of 1 294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Renowned for picturesque views of Table Bay and Table Mountain. Blowfish is a fine seafood restaurant ensuring that you enjoy sensational dining. Our famous fish counter allows you to make a selection from an array of fresh seafood and customise your order according to weight. Come enjoy seafood, sushi, atmosphere and views.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I took one of my visiting international colleagues for dinner one night during a work trip to Cape Town. His comment “One if the best fish restaurants I have eaten at”. This gent travels extensively and lives in London.

The sushi was half price, and top drawer. We had sushi for starters and created a platter from the counter. What a treat. Fish cooked to perfection, calamari tender and prawns cooked absolutely on point.

A perfect restaurant to entertain!

Dear Sean,

We're glad you and your guest had such a fine dining experience with us! It always feels great to impress.

See you again soon,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I had lunch with friends at this restaurant and the food was extremely disappointing!! I chose fish items from the counter to be cooked to my specification. The fish was dry and tasteless! The squid was like rubber! The waitress kept on filling our wine glasses to the top so that we can order another bottle!! She actually asked if we wanted another bottle!! The service was poor and the ambiance dreadful!! The curtains on the windows were drawn so we didn’t have any Veiw of the beautiful table mountain!! Such a shame! I will definitely not recommend this restaurant to anyone- not even to my worse enemy!! The wine was good!!

Dear marge1wp,

We're very sorry you had anything less than a stellar dining experience at Blowfish. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, so we take complaints very seriously. Can you please provide us with an email address that we can contact you on, so that we can resolve this issue.

Best,

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Spectacular view, very very slow service, and the food is just average. You order grilled fish, it comes fried. You order sashimi, and the tuna has been prepped with a spicy coating, the prawns were actually OK. I had a chocolate caramel something as desert, the chocolate part not edible. So our second disappointment at Blowfish. Not worth going back.

Dear Helene,

We're incredibly sorry that you had anything less than an amazing experience. We do what we do in order to bring happiness and satisfaction to people. Can you please provide us with your email address, so that we can follow up? Rest assured that your complaint has been escalated and that it will be dealt with.

Best,

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant a a family for a 50th birthday party. Being a Monday they had a great special on the seafood platter which two people in our party took advantage of. One of the party ordered the pork belly the others had sushi platters. All in all the service was friendly and efficient and the food ordered was good. If there is one negative observation to be made it is the prices on the wine list were off the charts and given Cape Town is wine country it cast a pall over the evening. My advice take your own wine and pay the corkage you will still be better off.

Dear Guy,

Happy birthday! We're so happy your family had a great celebration.

Hope to welcome you back again soon,
Best.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The main reason you come to this restaurant is for the amazing view.

We went here with friends for dinner - and booked a couple of days in advance to secure a great table. We arrived just before sunset so we were sitting at our table when the sun was going down. The views of Cape Town / Table Mountain are to die for.

For entree everyone on the table ordered the calamari with prawn and bacon. I am not a seafood fan and I thought it was delicious.

For mains the rest of the group that I was with ordered seafood platters to share. I ordered a steak. The seafood platters come with ALOT of seafood.

I would definitely attend here again, just for the amazing view while I am eating.

Dear Lorelieellis,

We're of the belief that nothing beats great food with an amazing view. We're so happy you enjoyed your experience with us.

We can't wait to see you again soon.