“BEST Steak I have ever had.”
Review of Carne on Keerom

Carne on Keerom
Ranked #63 of 1 257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Living up to their name, this established restaurant in a less than desirable neighborhood has offered the best steak that this reviewer has ever had. The wine list is extremely extensive and our knowledgeable waiter, Linton was able to recommend a perfect wine to go with our T-bone Fiorentina. I cannot wait to be back.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We were here for dinner. This had been recommended by locals as the best steakhouse in Cape Town; however our experience re food was poor.

We had appetizers, steak and dessert. Their signature cut is the prime rib on bone, which the waiter insisted us on trying. I did take on his recommendation. My companions had a rib eye. My meat came cooked to my ask and was tener; however I was disappointed with taste and quality. My companions had similar comments about their cuts.

The rest of the food was average. One comment is we were expecting local dishes (at least side dishes) but it was all a mix of cuisines with Italian dishes being the most on the carte, so not sure if this place has a particular food theme other than meat as per its name. I must also say that this prime rib on bone costs as per weight and it came much more expensive that I'd expect.

Service was courteous but nothing I hadn't seen in other places in South Africa.

If any what I did enjoy a lot was the local Shiraz recommended gig the waiter.

Not sure why all the fuss is about this place. I wouldn't go back nor recommend it, with so many other options to try steak.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Great beef selection and begun with the waiter brining a tray showcasing all the cuts of beef and telling you all about each cut from a flavour and texture perspective.

Florentine steak for two was wonderful.

Only drawback is a slightly dodgy location and the restaurant is not well labelled externally.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

This is a great place to have first class meat. The service is great and what is best that before you order they come by and show you on a plate all the different meat they have.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Although I'm a South African we were a table of six and the people at the table were speaking German.
The meat was presented as normally on the tray and then the waiter presented the specialities of the evening.
When asked what the T-bone on the speciality tray cost, the waiter answered " I don't know I'll have to find out"
He returned saying that the steak cost R1200 !!!
The Bill came to R 1000 per person.
At the TOP of the bill there was an amount added on for service which did not say service but something else and this information was not pointed out by the waiter to the person paying the bill.
It is unusual for a table of six to have the service included!!
This is not the behaviour I expect in a top restaurant. As a South African it upsets me when our tourists are ripped off!!

6  Thank liliheinzle