“My first choice for steak in Cape Town”
Review of Carne on Keerom

Carne on Keerom
Ranked #74 of 1 299 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$1 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2017

If I want to eat steak in Cape town, then I will always choose Carne and I prefer the Keroom branch to the one on Kloof Street.
Lovely setting downstairs, lighting is low, atmosphere is good but not too noisy.
Service is always top notch and very good wine advice from the sommelier.
We both chose ribeyes, not that common in South Africa. They were both cooked to perfection, one rare and one medium. Also good value at R180 for ribeyes.
We shared a beef carpaccio as a starter, which was also very good.
If you want a good steak, or lamb or game for that matter, you can't go wrong with Carne.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank lisasplaces

Reviewed 6 January 2017

…this is a meat restaurant. Our knowledgeable waiter, having successfully navigated his way through the complexities of our initial drink order, then offered us a complex ‘show-and-tell’ of the meat on offer. Massive, marbled muscle was paraded for our inspection and choice, and while those choices were being cooked – to perfection – the Italian-style first courses and pastas were excellent, with the inevitable emphasis on fresh meat, particularly carpaccio.
A lively, crowded place, with efficient and friendly staff, Carne is obviously a fashionable choice for young Capers – it might get a bit too noisy later in the evening.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Nothing to say just go away from this place
Arrogant manger expensive place bad food
No air conditioning very bad quality of the food

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank rupa42
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Went there on a recommendation... my partner had medallions of beef I had safari ( game ostrich gudo etc! ) both were excellent.. if I had choice again I would go for medallions ! Just edged it . My daughter had ravioli which she said was also outstanding.. head of house recommended an outstanding Cabernet Sauvignon with main & we also had chocolate fondant & delish South African cheeses for dessert .. top draw !! Best meal of our 5 day trip to Cape Town !!

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank Peterg3005
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

The location is very casual and simple!!! The waiters are very nice and clear, they showed us all the types of meat that were on the menu and suggested us how to cook them! I tried the "costata di manzo" and was special. Even the black angus was very good. For the wine I suggest the red "Pinotage", autoctono, very nice. Avoid the starters so that you can enjoy the meat as it deserves! Try the chocolate fondant if you are still hungry. Price were so good! Yess

Date of visit: December 2016