2 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
R 3 464
Fully refundable before Wed, 06 Mar
All reviews one bedroom apartment view of table mountain excellent hotel minute walk bed was comfortable great stay walking distance return to cape town breakfast is served hop on hop clean rooms stayed here for nights our honeymoon uber spa waterfront convention
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2023 via mobile

Nice Hotel in a quiet and safe area. It's walking distance to the V&A waterfront.

The staff are very helpful and friendly. A big thanks to Panashe, Patrick, Abigail, Preston and the guys at The Granite Lounge.

We booked the Airport Arrival transfer through the hotel and Douglas, the driver just was awesome.

Room tip: The Granite Lounge on the 4th floor is a great place to chill. Fantastic atmosphere bothbduring the day and at night.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Theunie Marais, General Manager at The Onyx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2023

Dear Natacha

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Onyx after your recent stay with us. The team and I are thrilled to learn that you had such a memorable stay with us and that the dedicated Onyx team took such great care of you. Thank you for the special mention of some of the team members your comments will be shared with the team accordingly. We sincerely hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2023

The upside to our stay was that the rooms were clean and spacious- I upgraded our room to a 1 bedroom apartment with mountain view. We got more of a side view of the mountain from our lounge window. Our airconditioner wasnt working- the maintenance manager came through and told us that he would return the next day to have it fixed- that didnt happen.
Breakfast was quiet limited, what we ordered from the menu was not at all appetizing. The V&A is not walking distance, we had to Uber. All in all an average experience

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Theunie Marais, General Manager at The Onyx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2023

Dear PP9110

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Onyx. The team and I are thrilled to receive your feedback and learn about the upsides of your stay with us. Thank you very much for also raising some of the aspects in terms of the technical side that didn't meet your expectations, I can assure you that this is not the norm for us and we will address this accordingly. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future as we would love the opportunity to regain you confidence in The Onyx.

Reviewed 21 October 2023

Fab hotel in the heart of Cape Town. Close to waterfront and all its hip vibes. Staff couldn’t do enough for us. Try the Penninsula tour and if you’re really lucky you might get Wellington as your guide. Take sunglasses for the penguin colony as very windy and sandy here. Table top mountain an absolute must see for every adventurer. Take taxis after dark but other than that we felt very safe here.

Room tip: Eat at the hotel restaurant at least once - incredible Asian food
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Theunie Marais, General Manager at The Onyx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2023

Dear Amber7marlie

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Onyx after your recent stay with us. The team and I are thrilled to learn about your memorable experience with us. Thank you very much for the useful tips for our future travelers I am sure they will find this very useful. The dedicated Onyx team and I sincerely hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2023

What a great hotel, spacious rooms, comfy beds, excellent service with a smile, tasty food on the breakfast on MRKT and also in the asian resturant that belogs to the hotel. Also I enjoyed the SPA treatments.
Highly recommended!

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Theunie Marais, General Manager at The Onyx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2023

Dear 651shair

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Onyx after your stay with us. The team and I are thrilled to read about your memorable experience and that you enjoyed all the services and offerings we have to offer. We thrive to always make guest feel at home and provide the highest level of service with a smile. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 27 August 2023

I stayed at The Onyx on a work trip with a colleague. I’d never been to Cape Town before, but the concierge, reception, and all other employees at this hotel were so helpful with advice and tips.

The breakfast team were always really lovely and happy to help in anyway they could, and the breakfast itself was gorgeous. A selection of hot food, a buffet and freshly made coffee were all delicious.

The reception and concierge staff were also excellent. I don’t think I had to open the front door myself once whilst I was there! There were very rarely any homeless outside, but security dealt with anybody very quickly. I booked a slot to have my laundry done which was collected and dropped off at my room. A special shout-out to Randal, who I believe was a general manager. He went above and beyond every day with recommendations, genuine interest in our work, and always calling us by our names - which was a lovely touch given the size of the hotel. Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived, and we had been on a long flight, so he made sure we had access to shower facilities before we waited. My colleague also had a late flight home, and Randal ensured he had somewhere to change and rest before going to the airport. He made us feel so comfortable during our stay, so thank you.

The room itself was lovely, and there was no load shedding at all. The maids were super efficient and friendly, and my room was spotless every day with fresh toiletries and water every day too.

Room tip: We booked some taxis (airport transfers) through the hotel and they were great.
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Theunie Marais, General Manager at The Onyx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2023

Dear Alexlea3

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a beautiful and detailed review after your stay at the Onyx. The team and I are thrilled to read your review and learn more about your stay with us. Thank you very much for the special mention of Randall, he is a dedicated member of the Front Office team his commitment to guest experience and making them feel at home is a real valuable asset. Your kind comments and feedback will be shared with the team accordingly.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Cape Town.

Warm Regards