Lowest prices for your stay
US$87
Free cancellation until 21/07/02
Hotels.comUS$80
Trip.comUS$86
ZenHotels.comUS$88
All reviews sanctuary spa small gym living space fourth floor full kitchen one bedroom apartment view of table mountain kitchen area beyond the call of duty breakfast included uber ride minute walk amazing hotel spent nights here i highly recommend this hotel safe location bed was comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

One of my favorite places to stay in Cape Town. Rooms spacious and clean, perfect for family or business vacations. Close vicinity to Waterfront and easy access to highway for traveling to other areas. Great restaurants available in hotel for all meals.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul Rivett, General Manager at The Onyx, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Dear 449stuartb

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review on recent visit to The Onyx Hotel.

The team and I are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

I must say I do agree with your comments regarding the restaurants, Yu in specific is some of the best Asian fusion food in Cape Town!

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the property in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

Unfortunately we didn’t have a good experience like others seem to have had. Check in was quick but as we walked to our room, we heard loud banging in the rooms near us (partying) and the room next door reeked of weed. I complained twice about the noise which quietened at 11:30pm. In the morning I went to the spa and gym. There were no visible sanitizers at both facilities. Nobody present at the spa to take my booking either, so I just left‍♀️the rooms are spacious and lovely but I’m just unimpressed about the above.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElishaT67
Paul Rivett, General Manager at The Onyx, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear EllshaT67

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your stay at The Onyx Hotel.

The team and I are sad to read that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us, I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that all the challenges raised in your review have been individually looked at and the leadership team and I have placed new measures into practice to ensure that all shortcomings have been effectively dealt with.

I would also like to mention that we pride ourselves in offering the best service and facilities in Cape Town, on your visit we missed an opportunity to showcase what we are actually about and would therefor love to get in contact with directly to further discuss the challenges and what we can do going forward.

Please may I ask that you drop me a mail on gm@theony.co.za

Thanks again fro the feedback, it is much appreciated.

Reviewed 3 April 2020

The apartment was spacious and clean. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was amazing, freshly cooked to order with first class presentation.
Location was ideal as the hop on/off bus stops very close and V&A Waterfront is only a short, pleasant walk of 5-10 minutes.
Our apartment had a shower over the bath so please be aware that it may be quite difficult for some people to climb into the bath as it was quite high.

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank Logisticlady

Dear Logisticlady

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review from your stay at The Onyx Hotel.

The team and I are super happy to get such a awesome rating!

I must say I do agree with your comments about our fantastic location, so central and walking distance to many attractions and the waterfront.

Team Onyx is looking forward to hosting you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 March 2020

What can I say about this hotel? This was more than a hotel; it was an experience! Everyone we came in contact with was beyond delightful. Their customer service and hospitality was above and beyond. They truly made my parents’ anniversary trip memorable. We all hated to leave. I highly recommend this hotel. You won’t be disappointed!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MaishaP
rivett123, General Manager at The Onyx, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2020

Dear MaishaP

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review from your recent stay at The Onyx.

The team and I are truly humbled by your kind words, they will be shared with the entire team and go along way in keeping the team motivated and inspired.

One of goals is to make our guests stays an unforgettable, joyous experience and by the looks of it we nailed on this occasion.

Thanks again for the amazing review!

The team and I look forward to celebrating 51 years with you next year!

Reviewed 29 February 2020

Located within walking distance to Victoria and Alfred water front and also to Long street shopping area this is a fairly good and safe location to stay. The hop on hop off bus stops a few minutes away, Nearby you have a few restaurants ,two mini markets and a liquor store. I stayed in a studio that felt spacious and was well equipped. It was quiet and peaceful. On the lounge floor is a small gym and a swimmingpool that looks bigger on the photos than in real life. But it is a nice relaxing area with table mountain view. The breakfast is served in the restaurant The market and it is really excellent. If breakfast is included it - you have access to a large buffé and many sorts of tea and coffee. You are also entitled to choose one item from the a la carte menu and there is a great variety to chose from. Inspired from both Asia and US food. I also had a dinner in the Onyx signature Asian restaurant. . An upscale restaurant frequented by locals too. Not too impressed as my crisp sushi plate was prepared too early and was placed on the waiting tray so I could see it but served at the same time as my husband´s fish . So then the sushi was dry an chewy but the fish was ok. It is a lively restaurant with a lot of noise and party atmosphere.
Overall I really enjoyed the stay at the Onyx as it was clean and comfortable. I want to end to highlight one of the members of the staff- Natasha. She was most helpful and is a truly asset for the hotel,

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank karinstockholm

Dear karinstockholm

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on the hotel.

I must agree with your comments regarding our breakfast offering at MRKT restaurant, lots to choose from and excellent quality of food and service, they also have some amazing fresh lunch and smoothie options.

Please also allow me to thank you for mentioning Natasha, she is a true service ambassador for the Onyx and an absolute asset to our operations team.

Thanks for mentioning the challenge in regards to the sushi at Yu, I will meet with the manger and chef to discuss a way forward in improving the timing.

Thanks again for your kind words!

Look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.