Open today: 08:00 - 17:00
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Ways to Experience Ride Down South
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2019

Thank you Andrew for an amazing experience.
I can't imagine going with anyone else on a trip like we did.
You listened to our needs and crafted a tour to suit our group of 4 west coast Canadians and 1 American. You gave great leadership and service all the way.
The African people were truly amazing with their friendly and helpful manner, it is an easy place to feel safe and comfortable in.
Ending the tour in Victoria Falls was a perfect finale to an amazing trip, on which, we saw and experienced so much. My skills and confidence grew and I am a much better rider now, than when I started.
Thank you Andrew for the great job and I will refer others to you without hesitation. I hope to get back to Africa to ride a few dirt roads with you again. Truly, Brian Henry Victoria, BC Canada

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 18 January 2019

We recently did a 3 day trip organised and led by Andrew and it was absolutely fantastic- a true adventure. The organisation of the trip was first rate and we got to see and explore the Western Cape that we'd never see alone. The routes Andrew selected we're great, the accomodation fantasitc, and Andrew himself was a pleasure to have a guide. I highly recommend doing a trip with Andrew and Ride Down South.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 17 December 2018

I already knew that nature in and around Cape Town was amazing, but I hadn't seen most of it until I went of this tour with Andrew. From the wonders of the Southern coast line to the pure awe created by those amazing over-the-hill views in mountains that hit you in the face. From the fun of gravel roads to the pure thrill of mountain passes with hundreds of turns. This experience was magical, and Andrew was amazing in showing all the beauty Western South Africa had to offer. And he was also very knowledgeable on geology and that helped me a lot to understand how those incredible mountains were formed.

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank fliesandcanes
Reviewed 16 September 2018

A real adventure, nearly 4 weeks riding through East Africa, visiting some amazing countries on the way & meeting some amazing people. Looked after really well by Andrew & the ride down south team, thoroughly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2018

I rode with Andrew Vaughan in the motorcycle support vehicle for the 27-day, 9-country trip from Kigali to Johannesburg. For me, it was the road trip of a lifetime. Andrew is well known for his Africa motorcycle tours, although “adventure” would be a more appropriate adjective for his longer tours. Less well known is that he offers the option for seat or two in his support van for those who cannot ride a motorcycle. For an older guy like me, the Kigali2Joberg trip was rare opportunity to be driven though a huge slice of the southern part of the continent. Everyday was an adventure – whether stopped for a couple of nights to visit mountain gorillas in the Uganda, take a safari vehicle across the Masai Mara game reserve in Kenya, tour the island Zanzibar in Tanzania, chill on the shores of beautiful Lake Malawi, fly over Victoria Falls from Zambia or walk the ancient sandstone hills behind Andrew’s family farm in South Africa, or whether we were pushing hard from dawn until dark and being slowed down by minor mechanical issues, cattle and sometimes giraffes on the road, highway construction, chaotic border crossings, wicked speed bumps and police attempts to collect unauthorized tolls. We drove through miles of raw, vast, scenic Africa. It was a wonderful trip, made that much better with the opportunity to enjoy the friendship of the riders and to spend many hours talking to Andrew about his travels and his life in South Africa. His interests and knowledge are broad. If you don’t ride a motorcycle, there still might be the opportunity to join one of Andrew’s adventures. Highly recommend Ride Down South.

Date of experience: August 2018