“Those aubergine fries”
Review of Love Thy Neighbour

Love Thy Neighbour
Ranked #307 of 1 292 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Description: Authentic Greek and Cypriot food in the heart of the CBD. The Meze menu is built to share and encourages traditional Mediterranean mealtime. Indulge in bowls of hummus and taramasalata, served with warm fresh pita breads. All meat and fish are grilled on outdoor wood-burning fires producing food that is genuine, unique and privileges local, organic produce.
Reviewed 27 August 2018

i would travel for miles to taste those aubergine fries, and on the last visit sampled the cauliflower with tahini. The shwarma’s are delicious and the margarita’ long and very lovely. Would highly recommend and love that they help to support the local homeless community!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I came here for birthday drinks and dinner.
This place definitely has a cool vibe and great background music.
I also really enjoyed the fish of the day...

The service on the other hand was terrible! Our waiter seemed polite but unattentive to our needs: The food took forever to arrive: we even decided to reverse an order for fries because we had been waiting so long. Two of my friends actually got their meals WITH the bill when we were all about to leave!
Our waiter then called me aside afterwards to complain that the tip was too little since he was servicing a large group...
I added more money (ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!), only to find out that he had miscalculated how much each person had paid - we had paid more than enough. He was unapologetic about that, but I decided to let it go!
I had a lovely evening nonetheless but I am awfully bothered by the service; more especially because it wasn't even a busy night!
I am honestly very unsatisfied with my experience here.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We walked past this place and couldn't resist the fairy lit garden and delicious smelling BBQ. The garden is so lovely, with a wonderful atmosphere, fantastic wine list and the food looked incredible (unfortunately we didn't have time to eat!). If you're near Bree St, definitely pop in and you won't regret it!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

On my way to the office I had always walked past this place and this weekend I was curious to explore and invited a friend to join me for a drink. The atmosphere is relaxed, it feels like you in your own backyard, the staff were attentive and the food was good.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Nice, laid back atmosphere, attentive, helpful staff and a cool concept with the grill/fireplace right next to the tables in their little backjard/garden. Food is ok to good - but nothing of the extraordinary.