Lowest prices for your stay
R 3 223
Get rewarded with One Key
R 3 190
Fully refundable before Sat, 02 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews rooftop bar sun square top floor central location stayed here for nights view of table mountain gym cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 March 2023 via mobile

Staff were lovely. Lady at reception wonderful and was our personal Zomato. House keeping manager aos ways goes around checking all rooms everyday to check the cleanliness. perfect location.

The buffet food had a bit of cross contamination. not enough spoons or tongs for each plate, you would have to use the same tong to pick up different items of food.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew Makau, Owner at SunSquare Cape Town City Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2023

Dear Diogo A,

Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback. We really appreciate it as it gives us the opportunity to improve on our service.

Reviewed 19 November 2022

I was totally disappointed with the booking in by KUHLE.She is very unprofessional and unhelpful.When I came to the front desk to ask her about booking in it was about just over 1pm on the 19th November 2022.She just abrubtly told me she can't book me in earlier as she don't know if there are rooms available without even check.I do understand booking in is from 14h00 ,then a young guy came and she assisted him immediatly.Then when Namhle came to the front desk Kuhle was all of a sudden very helpfull.The guy that came after me was checked in without hassles and went to his room.KUHLE has a attitude with no customer service she don't deserve to work at the front desk.I am a frequent guest and with her attitude I don't think I will book at Sun Square anymore.Namhle was very professional as I saw another guest came to book in and she immediately checked the details of the booking.The gentleman was assisted without any problems.Please teach Kuhle some customer care if you aregoing to keep her at front desk.The rest of the staff I have no complaints as per my previous review.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rajie1805
Reviewed 8 October 2022 via mobile

When we arrived we were met by what seemed to be a human acting as a robot, or perhaps it was vice versa. No greeting, not even a smile, just an announcement of the times and specifics for restaurant opening hours. Really? Yes, really. Bizarrely, when we checked out it was once again a matter of fact announcement about the bill to be paid. No thank you, no did you enjoy your stay at no farewell see you next time. Amid those experiences the food was nice, the room was comfortable and the service staff helpful. Next time, we'll try somewhere different.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bergy629
Reviewed 23 August 2022

My wife and I stayed here several nights at the end of an Overseas Adventure Travel African Safari. The breakfasts were very good and the staff helpful. It has daily housekeeping. Some things to be alert to: the Lounge on the top floor is very loud at night, so don't book above the 8th floor. Secondly, it takes 10 or more minutes of running the hot water before it gets very warm--may not ever get hot enough to your liking.

Room tip: Don't book higher than the 8th floor due to lounge noise
Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank Mark C
Andrew Makau, Owner at SunSquare Cape Town City Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2022

Dear Marc C,

Thank you very much for your rating and comments. Your evaluation of our service, people and facilities provide us with the opportunity to work towards meeting with your expectations and comfort for future stays. Your comments and feedback are both highly appreciated and considered as we work towards providing you with unparalleled service.
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Cape Town. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2022

We stayed here for 5 nights whilst visiting attractions. The first impression was how gloomy it is downstairs which was where the restaurant and communal lounge area was. The reception staff were polite and professional but not particularly friendly. We had been told it was safe to walk around the area in the day time but that is not what we found as on our very first afternoon we were scammed so that put paid to any further walks. The rooftop bar and terrace area was nice and the room was as per Premier Inn standard. We had one nice meal in the restaurant and one not nice as I made the mistake of ordering a pizza which they seemed to think meant a flatbread. We wouldn't stay here again.

Room tip: We had a great view of Table Mountain from floor 11.
Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank Stay292187
Andrew Makau, Owner at SunSquare Cape Town City Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2022

Dear Stay292187

Thank you for taking your time in rating and giving feedback. My sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us.