SunSquare Cape Town City Bowl
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$149
Hilton
  • Pool
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$360
US$256
  • Breakfast included
Pepperclub Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$117
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$246
US$234
Hotels.com
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
US$973
US$670
Agoda.com
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$173
US$154
Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$136
bedfinder
  • Pool
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$122
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$864
US$771
US$150
US$115
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop barverve restaurantinspired menutsogo sun hotelsun squarerecommend this hotelspacious bathroomfamily holidayhotel experiencebusiness hotelhotel is centrally locatedrooms are nicebreakfast was excellentreception areasmall poolenjoyable stayper night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2017

My stay at this property was definitely worthwhile. Staff are courteous, all amenities are modern and checking in and out is such a breeze. The rooms are comfortable and uncluttered with vwry modern fixtures. 14 Stories bar and pool on the roof is a definite must visit! The staff are always welcoming and the views are excellent!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Chandresh S, General Manager at SunSquare Cape Town City Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your wonderful comments.

I am delighted that we delivered on your expectations, and look forward to welcoming you back to SunSquare Cape Town City Bowl in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The hotel was over crowded, we were struggling to get seats for breakfast in the morning. We had to wait for other people to finish eating before w could have seats. The menu was almost the same every morning, if they can try and improve on that. My room didn't have a bath tub, it was only a shower and it was not easy for me since I was travelling with a child.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Valued guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your valuable feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you experienced during breakfast. I would like to assure you that we are working on improving the efficiency here to provide a higher level of service.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the new SunSquare Cape Town City Bowl, and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Having made use of the opening special, we were of the first paying gusts in the hotel as it opened on ur arrival. Little bits and pieces of finishing were being carried out at the 14th floor bar, but that did not impact on our enjoyment. The staff (every one we encountered from reception, waitrons, back of house, security were top class, friendly, efficient and a pleasure to interact with. One must be singled out, the Executive Sous Chef, Moses Tshabalala, who was willing to make me a humble bowl of oats with cinnamon for breakfast, despite the pass being inundated with breakfast orders. The next morning, once again in amidst of seemingly chaos in the peak breakfast service, once again he whipped up a bowl of oats for me. The best part was on the morning of our departure, when I went to the pass, he came up to me and said that the oats was already on and would be ready in a few minutes, and that was without me even ordering it! That is service excellence. The rooms are perfectly adequate and comfortable, the free wifi, although not lightning fast was more than adequate for what I needed, and the central location meant that access to wherever we were going was easy and without hassles. Parking in the secure undercover parking meant that vehicles are safe with very easy access into the hotel. We will be back for another stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your wonderful comments.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize Moses. He is truly exceptional and we are delighted to have him in our team. We understand the importance of service in an environment where there is so much choice, and it is rewarding to hear that our staff is delivering on our promise.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the new SunSquare Cape Town City Bowl and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised by almost everything about this hotel, from its close proximity in the city center, to the comfortable room, to the modern bathroom, and the enormous freshly prepared breakfast. Everything was far more than I expected. The fresh smell of new tiles and carpets was everywhere and confirmed that the owners had pulled out all the stops to make this hotel a runaway success. I will certainly come back for more and more of the great hospitality that I received here.
Highly recommended to everyone, from the budget conscious to the well heeled. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your wonderful comments.

It is really great to hear that we exceeded your expectations of the new hotel.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I understand this restaurant has only just opened within the Sunsquare Cape Town City Bowl Hotel.

Nice décor, very bright and welcoming. Friendly staff, and good choice of food on a South-African inspired menu (which is great to see!).

Sadly the waiting staff fluffed our order, but I'm happy to put that down to teething troubles.

The food was excellent, and pretty good value too.

Good luck with this new venture.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your valuable feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you experienced in our restaurant. I would like to assure you that we are working on improving the efficiency here to provide a higher level of service.