“great start to our SA vacation!”
Review of One&Only Cape Town

One&Only Cape Town
Ranked #13 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 6 April 2015

Prior to our arrival, we had tried to make some dinner reservations in the city at some of the most popular places, but wasn’t having any luck. We reached out to Madnee from the concierge prior to our arrival and luckily, he was able to do the impossible and get us in. From that point on, we knew that once we arrived, we would be in great hands!

When we touched down in Cape Town, my husband and I were so excited to kick off our 2 week honeymoon in South Africa. We checked in and went right over to the concierge desk, and Mandee remembered us and was very excited to finally put a face with a name. The rest of the staff were so lovely and welcoming. We really felt safe and at home.

The food at the hotel was incredible! Every morning, the wonderful staff would come over to our room (717) on the island and set up the most beautiful breakfasts for us. The room was spacious, modern, but romantic. There was a bottle of champagne in the room upon our arrival. The only negatives to the room were that the birds were very loud and we could easily hear them from our room as they were swimming in the water behind our room and were in the trees above our roof. If i came back, i would want to go to the main building in the hopes it would be a bit more quiet.

The food was delicious and the staff there was very accommodating.
The fitness center was large, modern, and clean. The spa was beautiful and we enjoyed using the sauna and steam room each day.

We absolutely loved cape town and cannot wait to come back to the city!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
TNiedermayer, Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2015

Dear Bari,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us, and for choosing to stay at One&Only Cape Town to celebrate your honeymoon. Congratulations to you both!

I was extremely happy to read your comments about our shining-star, Madnee as I know how much it means to our team to blow away our guests. It will be my pleasure to acknowledge him at our next employee appreciation party. I am sorry to read about the noise from the birds near the Island, I assure you we are addressing this. Our engineering team are working closely with SANCCOB (South African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds) and under their guidance are relocating the Seagulls by controlling their nesting habits. We have seen a marked improvement in the last couple of weeks.

We look forward to welcoming you to a much more peaceful island during your next visit.

Sincerely, Dale Parkington – Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1 736)

791 - 795 of 1 736 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2015

Stayed for business/conference, great service from all the staff, great room, great facilities overall. Would absolutely recommend for a high quality level of accommodation. Nice views from the hotel as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marc,

Thank you for your great feedback following your recent stay at One&Only Cape Town.

I am delighted to read that you had such a memorable experience even though you were with us on business. I will be sure to thank the team and share your positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and hope that the next time you will have the opportunity to enjoy our resort during your downtime.

Sincerely, Dale Parkington Resort Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2015

The One and Only is a beautiful hotel with lovely rooms. It is the most quiet large hotel I've encountered in my travels. Since it's newer construction, there must be good sound barriers between the rooms. I loved my room, which was center of the hotel and had an unobstructed view of Table Mountain. The Nepresso espresso and cappuccino makers in the rooms are a bonus!! Room service was prompt. Room service came from Ruben's Restaurant downstairs and I had corn soup one night which was so good that I could have lived on it! The breakfast buffet at Ruben's was also fantastic. Despite not so good reviews of Nobu, I had a good meal there as well. I took advantage of the spa and my treatment and technician were good, but I thought the spa was small and too noisy. Other than that, no complaints. One and Only was luxurious and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo

Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Resort recently.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the corn soup was such a hit, please do let me know if you would like us to send you the recipe. I am really glad that your meal in Nobu exceeded your expectations as it is one of Cape Town’s favorite restaurants. I have shared your feedback about the Spa treatments with the Spa team and will do our utmost to improve the experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sincerely, Dale Parkington - Resort Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2015

This review is overdue as we stayed at the One & Only resort in Cape Town at the end of September last year. We stayed in a one bedroom island suite which was gorgeous, very large, spectacular bathroom, huge bedroom with excellent king size bed, large lounge-room and kitchen. Terrace off the lounge room and bedroom. The suite was beautifully furnished, very clean and well maintained.

The resort itself is spectacular. Great location (good for start/finish of Cape Town marathon which we were there for), easy walk to harbour shopping / restaurant area. Beautiful gardens and outdoor areas as well as gym and spa. The daily breakfast was extensive. Very helpful and professional staff, both before arrival and throughout our stay. We dined at Nobu one evening which we really enjoyed.

We highly recommend this hotel and would definitely return when next in Cape Town.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mel13Uk

Dear Mel,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us in September.

It makes me very proud of my colleagues to read that your experience ‘was nothing short of perfection!’ Your comments are gratefully received and I was thrilled that you were so well cared for by our guest relations team throughout your stay.

It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 3 April 2015 via mobile

From the moment we walked into the lobby and was greeted by the door man I knew this hotel was up to my standards. The receptionists are extraordinary. Patricia gave us a warm welcome and her services and hospitality was supreme. she needs to be clone. The view of b table mountain is breathtaking from the lobby and your room. The size of the room is very generous and the bath products are top retail. The hotel is clean, clear cute and the breakfast is worth waking up for.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends

Dear D4chesi,

Thank you so much for sharing your complimentary feedback following your recent visit to our Resort.

It’s such a pleasure to read that our guest relations team made such a lasting-impression, especially Patricia who I will be sure to congratulate at our next employee appreciation event.

On behalf of the team, thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.