“Dinner with Friends!!”

Ranked #62 of 1 194 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, the City Grill is the oldest steakhouse in the V&A Waterfront. We invite you to discover a truly South African experience… so gather family and friends for a feast of flavour at the City Grill! A place where food has substance, big appetites are essential and South Africa is the flavour of the month, every month!
Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

We so happy for the best service we had with city grill Beaty recommendations of wagusteak .hoping to book next time with our friends best steak best extra ordinary service from the beautiful waitress Andy thanks thanks Andy

Date of visit: April 2021
Voyage68107222730, General Manager at City Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2021

Hello Federico - thank you for your great review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviews (1 508)

51 - 55 of 1 508 reviews

Reviewed 10 May 2021

We were a group of 10 that visited City Grill on 8 May 2021. Food was generally good. However when the bill came, I had a quick check but in the dim light and under the impression that everything should be accurate with such an upmarket restaurant, I added a 10% service fee. I missed the fact that a 10% service fee was already included. Although it is normally common practice to include a service fee for bigger groups, I am of the opinion that this should be pointed out when the bill is delivered. I discovered the "double" service fee which I have paid only the next morning. I felt cheated.

Date of visit: May 2021
Voyage68107222730, General Manager at City Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Dear sir, you are 100% correct. The 10% gratuity should have been brought to your attention the moment the bill was placed in front of you. Please accept our most humble apologies for the error. We will return the extra 10% back to you with no problem - and the waiter in question will be dealt with. In the future, should you have any problems, please do e-mail us first at info@citygrill.co.za as we are always happy to assist.

Reviewed 17 April 2021

We had a suprise dinner for my partner April 9. What an evening. Thank you Corina and staff for helping me out with the arrangements. The food and the environment was lovely

Date of visit: April 2021
Voyage68107222730, General Manager at City Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2021

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Sindy! We are glad to have been apart of your special evening and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2021 via mobile

The City Grill made our weekend wonderful. Just after a refreshing hike with a beautiful orange sunset, Rob and I felt like a good steak for dinner. The moment I saw The City Grill on the entertainer, I made an announcement to my housemates and dressed up all excited for a beautiful evening at the Waterfront right next to a reflection of lights and a view of boats on the water. As we got there, Shaun, such a friendly manager welcomed us and Brian, such a great waiter - so quick and kind, served us. I honestly can’t express how happy Rob and I felt with the service, the food, the stunning view and the positive vibe.

My review on the wonderful food.
1. The BBQ sauce was a sauce to remember.
2. The steak was most definitely cooked to perfection.
3. The mash was my favourite choice! So tasty with a delicious tomato relish sauce.
4. Rob ordered the wedges for his choice of sides. They were crisp and delish.
5. The service was professional, quick and we were well attended to.

I only write a review when an experience really made an impression on me. This is why I need to share. City Grill gives you great value for a good price, in Cape Town of course, and a beautiful environment with wonderful people.

Thank you Shaun, Brian, and the chef. Thank you City Grill!

Date of visit: April 2021
Voyage68107222730, General Manager at City Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2021

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so grateful that you took the time to write this and we are so thankful that you had such a great experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2021 via mobile

Me and my friends visited this restaurant on Friday night and we had an awesome time. Good food, good wine, and a beautiful view. We were served by Primrose who gave us fantastic service and made our visit an absolute pleasure. We can definitely recommend the Haloumi cheese starter, the vegetarian platter, and the Wagyu burger (which I had on a previous visit)

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank im-the-penguin
Voyage68107222730, General Manager at City Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2021

Thank you for your lovely feedback! We will be sure to congratulate Primrose on this. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and we hope to host you again soon!