“Good Food and OPEN ON SUNDAY”
Review of Beleza

Beleza
Ranked #149 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Bowl
Description: #Fantastic #Delicious
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We were staying in Cape Town for a few days as the first part of a touring trip, the plan to take in as many 'good' restaurants as possible.

However, Sundays in Cape Town, they ALL seem to be closed for dinner, which is bizarre to us but obviously our extensive research had missed this so here we are 'good' restaurantless on a Sunday afternoon.
We have just walked about 12k Table Mountain, Lions Head and Signal Hill so a good dinner has been earned!
Anyway I digress this is supposed to be a restaurant review.

Our Hotel reception suggested that Beleza was open, said it was 'good' and 'Portuguese' style, he booked us a table, it's only a short walk away.

What a result!!!
Beleza, is a welcoming and friendly place, slightly elevated above a road intersection, which in itself was entertaining if you are into Sunday ride out cars and bikes.

The food is Portuguese and it is very good.

Waitress welcoming, attentive, knowledgeable on the menu, happy and quick to deliver service

Menu reasonably diverse but small enough to give confidence that the dishes are prepared to order, which they were.

The food quality was way better than the setting suggested so our expectations were blown away.

I had a thick fillet steak with a mildly Piri Piri spiced sauce, absolutely top class/melt in the mouth.

My wife had a Cape Malay style Chicken Curry again excellent.

Good selection of wine and Craft beers.

Excellent value for money and OPEN ON SUNDAY EVENING.

If in Cape Town on Sunday again I would Pre book without hesitation.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Close to Long and Kloof Streets, open on Sunday. Friendly service, lots of selections and a full bar. Great for families, tourists and locals. Nice deck overlooking the street.

1  Thank roniandgary
Reviewed 31 January 2017

So this was my first time in SA and I was looking for a Portuguese restaurant in Cape Town so went on TripAdvisor to get an idea and came across this Beleza place and got quite excited. The waitresses were very friendly but the food wasn't that great sadly, it didn't taste fresh at all which for R120 per dish seemed a bit toppy. However what really put me off was seeing the owner being less than friendly to his employees, from what I understand one of the chefs asked him for a day off and he told her to go back to the kitchen and make pancakes in a very nasty note, I still am shocked to see such thing. Other situations followed and this boss/owner has left me with a terrible impression. Poor girls working there, no wonder they have a sign at the door asking for waitresses not waiters...waitresses. No I don't recommend this place and no I won't be returning. Sad really.

1  Thank psy_moon_light
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

This place has a nice ambiance and has a nice location. However, the food didn't meet our expectations (the sandwich I had was made of old bread. After complaining they said it was toasted but I am sure it wasn't). Furthermore, we ordered a hamburger and asked for additional tomatoes but no tomato was found on the burger. The waitress simply told us that the cook said he did put tomatoes on it (but we were definitely sure there wasn't and even showed her). They took the sandwich of the bill which was a nice gesture but the waitress explicitly asked for a tip. A tip seemed to be misplaced in this situation.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Lovely restaurant / cafe for a snack or full meal. Their milkshakes are a must! Children welcome and menu good. Delicious food - slightly more expensive but worth it. Just out of the hub of the centre of town but only a 10 minute walk - great to walk off the calories of the milkshakes!