I stayed here for two weeks from February 15th, staff were amazed that I was there on holiday as it is a business venue being so close to the CTICC. The canal runs underneath the hotel and offers a quick route into the V & A waterfront as well as a pleasant outlook if you're lucky enough to get rooms on that side. The rooftop pool is superb and mostly had it all to myself, unfortunately there is major construction next door and I'm told that this apartment block will block the evening sun when completed.
The staff are incredibly accommodating with special mention to Nwbisa and Sarudzai in the bar, other nice touches are weather reports in the room each night along with chocolates and variety teas.
The only downside is the staffing levels, if there are 10 guests for breakfast or 100 there are the only two staff waiting on (along with some fat bloke without any useful purpose) yesterday and this morning there were no tables available, every single one had been used and not cleared, ran out of orange juice!! In a hotel?? Food is a bit samey if you're here for more than a couple of days, however, ask for poached or fried eggs and you will be sorted out. The evening menu is also very limited but I'm told that this is because it's being reviewed.
I was not facing the docks so wasn't troubled by the noise and actually found the day to day workings of a dockyard close up and personal absolutely mesmerising, don't let this put you off!
All in all I may well stay here again next year, very handy for Long Street and the V & A
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This state of the art hotel is ideally positioned on the Roggebaai Canal Waterfront, close to the V&A Waterfront, within the Cape Town International Convention Centre precinct, and this prime location attracts both corporate and leisure travellers seeking a distinctive experience. Set against a backdrop of picturesque mountain views with a sea water canal running through the hotel's bridge wing, the hotel links the city to the sea. There are 40 well-appointed and comfortable rooms as well as an additional 18 luxury suites which have an open lounge area and fully equipped kitchen, making them an ideal choice for longer staying guests. A contemporary restaurant offers good food in a relaxing setting with a picturesque location alongside the canal. The stylish Executive Boardroom is an ideal venue for intimate meetings and product launches for up to 15 guests. This sophisticated hotel offers warm hospitality coupled with a wide range of services and facilities for both business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your AHA Harbour Bridge Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Bridge Hotel And Suites
- Harbour Bridge Hotel Cape Town Central