“Freshest Oysters”

The Knysna Oyster Company
Ranked #201 of 1 228 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Description: Knysna Oyster Company is open for business at the V&A Food Market in Cape Town, South Africa! You won't find fresher oysters than this anywhere else in the country. Choose between medium, large and extra large oysters with a selection of indulgent toppings or just plain and simple (as nature intended) with a dash of lemon and Tabasco and try us out. Open 7 days a week until 8pm.
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Stopped here following a tour and had a dozen freshly shucked oysters with a french dressing and a glass of champagne.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time sitting at the Oyster bar and chatting with the workers behind the workstation.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a dozen oysters each with a bottle of chilled MCC. Oysters very fresh and accompanied by 2 toppings. Service friendly and efficient.

1  Thank GaryvE
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Lovely little Oyster bar selling great combos' of oysters and delicious cape wine. Oysters shucked in front of you served by friendly staff. Try the oyster bloody mary shot- great for getting the heart going!!

4  Thank BurySt_EdmundsTrevor
Schlappie, Owner at The Knysna Oyster Company, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

We are so glad you had a good time at our bar. Hopefully we see you again soon. Kind Regards Gavin

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I was traveling from California and staying in Cape Town for a couple of days. I kept on passing up this place because I wasn't sure how to order. But today they had "East coast" Pacific Oysters. This was interesting for me being from California because Pacific oysters for me are west coast oysters and they are different tasting from east coast (E.g., Nova Scotia or Price Edward Island) oysters. And they offer you oysters in different sizes: X-large, large, and medium.

The x-large oysters are wider and definitely have more meat to chew but they aren't the size of your palm or anything like that.

These pacific oysters didn't have a name but they are very briny and very fresh! Paired well with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. I ordered 3 first (one of each size) and then ordered 3 more of the small ones (little sweeter on the finish). I also went at 10am when they opened so it was less busy and I'm thinking the oysters are fresher.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My husband and I decided to get into the car and let the car take us all over. We never booked anywhere we just stopped and enjoyed every minute