“Great place! ”

Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established by the inimitable Freda, Cafè Paradiso immediately set the bar for local cuisine and, from its inception, introduced us to a variety of dishes and ingredients seldom before experienced locally. Loving the idyllic setting and the warm ambience, Capetonians eagerly tucked into exotic and ‘foreign’ fare such as tzatziki, dolmades and babaganoush as well as the delicious country-style dishes which emanated from Paradiso’s bustling kitchens. Joined by three more formidable women, Laurille, Lynn and Mapula, Frieda and her team remained the heart of city trading with a lineage of values forming the foundation of this amazing establishment.
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

My friends and I had my birthday dinner here. It was so lovely! The setting is romantic and vibrant. Its very welcoming and the food was great! Our bill came to R1345 for drinks, food and dessert (we were 7 people). I would definitely recommend it! The Cheesecake was the best I ever had! I really fell in love with with the setting. So cute, warm and romantic

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Popped in for lunch and what a treat ! Very chilled out , stunning setting and lots of choice. I opted for a home made burger and I could only say it puts other places offering the same to shame. A proper home made beef pate served on a toasted bun with cheese , bacon and crispy onions served with hand cut chips. Excellent. Friends had the seared tuna which was delicious. Desert came in the form of tiramisu, lemon meringue & a trio of ice cream. All home made but the lemon meringue is my personal favourite. Lovely , lovely lunch ! Can't Waite to go back ! Stunning views of Table Mountain.

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

We ate here last night and had a great time. Really nice setting both inside and out makes it a lovely place to eat either whether on your own or in a group. Really good attentive staff who knew their stuff and helped us feel welcome. We had the most amazing halloimi salad starter which was truly brilliant, then the fish of the day and the kudu steak with bacon, both recommended! You probably want your kudu medium rare to keep it soft! Overall well worth a visit!

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Really good food, friendly but a little frantic staff - it was a Monday night and the restaurant was packed. Portions were very generous ... so try manage yourself to make sure you have space for their 'world famous lemon meringue pie' - best I've had - would love the recipe if management see this so I could wow my friends back in the UK.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

My partner and I visited Cafe Paradiso on our last day in Cape Town. Aesthetically, we found it lively and lovely, and we can totally see ourselves going back there again at some point. However, even though the service started off really well, we ended up leaving earlier than we had planned simply because we felt like we had been forgotten. Good good though, and lovely venue.