“Hey this dude knows his stuff”
Review of Ashanti Travel

Ashanti Travel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Following the huge success of the Ashanti Lodges, we now bring you Ashanti travel. Come to Ashanti Travel for great tours of Cape Town City, its nature and its wildlife.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 May 2017

So I don't normally like travel agent dudes because I am a suspicious frugal travellor who gets bitter at finding out later I could have done it better and cheaper myself.

However can I say Cal is the exemption to my rule.

He really sorted out a great trip for us to Naimbia. Thanks. I could not have done it myself. It really did need local knowledge. Cal also had some local tips and got what I wanted to do and was able to recommend some good eats too.

A while back Ashanti Travel got us on a good little Safari in Kruger which I was very happy with too.

I am going to make his life a living hell for our next trip which is going to be 20 Australians who want wine and safari. I want Stellenbosch wineries and then I want Kruger private reserve and I don't want it to cost a lot. And all my friends are annoying and will want different things. If you think I was a drama -> meet my friends. Soz in advance Cal.

Cal_Heyburgh, Manager at Ashanti Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Hi Allison

Thanks for your awesome review.

I was very happy to help you out and am glad you enjoyed your trip.

I look forward to take on the challenge of finding the best trips for you and your 20 friends.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I recently booked a trip for an overseas visitor who decided at the last minute that he would like to visit Cape Town. Cal and his team were super efficient and extremely friendly and accommodating.

Cal_Heyburgh, Manager at Ashanti Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Thanks for the excellent review Michelle. Happy to have been of service.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I had the best travel experience with Ashanti Travel. I booked all of my day trips, including a Kruger Safari, through Ashanti. They showed great patience in the planning and were overly communicative. I was most impressed when by Ashanti when one of my tour operators did not show to pick me up. Ashanti desk person was quick to respond and track down the company. I will definitely use them again on my next trip to SA.

Cal_Heyburgh, Manager at Ashanti Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Hi Troy

Thanks so much for the excellent review. Glad you had an amazing time.

We were happy to help you, and hope to have you visit again one day.

Regards

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

I booked an overlanding trip from vic falls to cape town. It was AWESOME, everything worked perfectly because of CAL. I was in a very short on time to get my visas sorted, but I got everything done because of cals help. Very efficient and helpful 100% recommended!!!

Cal_Heyburgh, Manager at Ashanti Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Hi Franco

Thanks for the awesome review. I was more than happy to help and i'm glad we got you sorted and that you loved the trip.

Till next time.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

I just finished a tour booked with Ashanti. Everything was fine and well organised. I really recommend this agency for any tours you are looking for.
A special mention for Cal and his knowledge about all the travel details.

Thanks a lot !!!

Cal_Heyburgh, Manager at Ashanti Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Hi Fabrizio

Thanks so much for the review and your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed the trip. Hope to see you in Africa again one day.

Regards