“Great food strange atmosphere”
Review of House of H

House of H
Ranked #115 of 1 288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I snuck out for a lunch mission today and wanted to come here specifically. Food was fantastic. I had the beef brisket (melt in mouth!) and hubby had the burger and beer special. It wasn’t busy which usually doesn’t bother us at all however the service generally wasn’t amazing and the atmosphere felt a bit odd. This was made worse by one of the female managers (I assumed) reprimanding a staff member at the next door table. Not cool! Staff at least should be addressed on issues in private...and away from customers ears. It was an awkward way to end off a tasty lunch....

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I had some of the best ribs I’ve ever had. Flavourful and just melts off the bone. My partner had the steak (which I sampled from his plate) and it was excellent!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

First of all the restaurant looks unlike any other restaurant I have seen before. The location is decorated to look like an industry place right after World War II, with lots of decoration artifacts in that style.
The meat and fries are prepared before your eyes as are the fries and sweet potato chips. You can point out salads or side dishes to an attendant whose job is to fill the plates. I chose a "small" salad that was really quite big, i wonder how big the "big" salad plate is.
The meat was very good but a little bit over-cooked.
Altogether a great experience for the eye and a good experience for the taste.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We recently visited House of H on a Friday evening - a group of us spend our Friday evenings in search of Cape Town's finest hamburger. This place is the absolute winner.......so far. It has an incredibly 'fresh' location - unusual and quirky, but fantastic!! The card system for individual payment is an absolute winner if visiting in groups - the food is absolutely exceptional. H himself is a fantastic host and when confronted with a vegan, he simply high-fived her and put together a vegan burger with all trimmings. The chips are absolutely wonderful - please disregard the previous comments.
This place is one of Cape Town's hidden gems - the coffee is awesome too. Well done H!!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

The interior was awesome, the atmosphere fun, the ribs, big and tasty. Even the Gin was special. Contrary to a previous review about salty chips, I think he should have swapped them out. Mine were worth going back for.
Get yourself along to this place. It's awesome!