“Wonderful, vibe!”
Review of House of H

House of H
Ranked #132 of 1 226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 14 September 2017

An absolute MUST experience. The beef ribs were sold out and H explained that if he cannot source a specific meat he will not settle for anything else. Have to make another trip for the ribs! The brisket was smokey and melted in your mouth. Vis and tjips was very good too. Whilst not too crowded when we arrived, the vibe and atmosphere was fantastic. Didn't think it was my kind of scene but I loved it and will definitely be visiting again very soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

The concept and design/decor is fairly eclectic and may not necessarily suit the more formal types but I enjoy the relaxed informality of the place. I'm not 100% sure the self-service concept works all that well but there are plenty of friendly and attentive staff to help one navigate their way through the process without any stress. The food was very good. My colleague had a perfectly cooked medium rare steak and I had a pepper steak pie which was essentially pieces of steak cooked in a pepper sauce and placed between a folded pastry. Not your normal pie but an excellent idea all the same. And the french fires were well done. I would return.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Love House of H. The food is sensational. So many delicious flavours. Best cheese burger I have had in ages! The staff were friendly and made us feel very at home. The decor is very cool. The individual payment system is so clever and convenient. We came for lunch and it was nice and relaxing. I can imagine it gets quite busy / chaotic at night. Cannot wait to come back!!! Love love love!

1  Thank Dilchard
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

It's a self service type of establishment, which may be nice if you are with a large group of friends, but otherwise it is extremely crowded. On top of the awkward queueing and possible lack of structure. The way that some of the food is handled did not sit well with me. When u place ur food order, your steak is cut for you right in front of you, but then your card gets taken, swiped on the machine and someone else's steak is then cut. How does one know how clean the person's hands are that is in front of you. I know for fact that I was touching money before I walked in, I then got my card. I just feel that some hygiene standards are not very night.

Due to what I saw with the steak, I had a beef burger as I felt it was potentially safer. The food was good, and I might return, but will stay away from the steak.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

A friend of mine had his birthday dinner at House of H.
He just ordered a few plates of food to share - ribs, chicken wings, steak strips and salads.

Due to being vegan, I only ate the salads, which were delicious and fresh. They have a mushroom with pesto dish which is absolutely amazing.

Everyone having the meat options really enjoyed it. And I suppose it did look appetising.

Their house wines are good.

The owner & staff is very nice and efficient. Very cool decor and lively vibe.

We were there on First Thursday which is generally a busy night, but I think bookings might be recommended.